MouseOver Style Effect not working when shape selected

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, but it is really missing from Axure in general.

1 : When a shape is having a :selected style set and being selected, the :mouseover effect isn’t working anymore. It will only work on non-selected shapes. That is very limiting buttons interactions. I want to be able to have the same :mouseover effect (changing text color) if shape selected or not.

2: There is no way to change style using “action” interactions (that I am aware of). What I mean is that I would like to be able to change the color of another shape or this same one, based on a user action like Onclick = change font color. That would be an easy fix to #1 issue as it would allow to trigger a :mouseover on a OnMouseEnter for example. In other words, if we could create custom and/or trigger style changes through “fireEvent” interactions or something like this, we would be much more armed for nice looking interaction than today.

PS: Please don’t say you can do this using dynamic panels, cause this is a very bad and longer solution when you want to use multiple different type of buttons in the same page, will decrease performance on top of creating soooo many shapes in the outline panel (which many will need to be updated independently when a change is required to interactions or style)

Hi JCMartel,

Thanks for your feedback, and for trying the 9 beta!

The first issue you described is the expected behavior for now, where the widget will not trigger its mouseover IX style if it is set to selected (you’ll see the same behavior in Axure RP 8). However, I can see how having the mouseover IX style trigger, even when the widget is selected, would be useful, and I’ve filed this with our product management team for review.

For the second issue, it sounds like you’d like a type of “Set Style” interaction, and I’ve filed this one with our teams as well. :slight_smile:

Hopefully this helps a bit!

I am having the same issue. :mouseover is ignored if :selected is applied even if the properties are completely different. Not ideal.

It’s the end of 2021, we now have Axure 10 out of beta, and this feature is still not implemented. I need to be able to set the MouseOver on the element that has a Selected style applied. Please consider this feature in your roadmap.