Navigate to different panel state based on the radio button selection on the previous page

newbie-question

Hi guys… i am new to Axure and trying to get my feet wet. i am trying to navigate to different panel based on the radio button selection on the previous page.

i have four radio button and all of them have different navigation on the next button. So i have created the four panel states on the next page but not able to create a navigation.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Hey there! Can you share your RP file? It’s alot easier to show you how to do it in your file if you can share it. If you can’t share it, I can try to put together some instructions for you to follow.

Thanks for your reply but i will not be able to share it as it is govt property. but here this is what i have on those pages.

Page 1.

Radio Button 1 – navigate to state 1 on the page 2 when clicked on next on page 1.
Radio Button 2 – navigate to state 2 on the page 2 when clicked on next on page 1.
Radio Button 3 – navigate to state 3 on the page 2 when clicked on next on page 1.
Radio Button 4 – navigate to state 4 on the page 2 when clicked on next on page 1.

tried to have the condition on page load on page 2 but not able to figure it out. and i am using Axure 7 rp so will not be able to see your files if you share any.

Thanks in advance!!

Generically, you’ll need to do this:

1. using the onSelected event for each radio button, set a global variable to the corresponding state number (or, if you prefer strings, the name of the state. If you default an option to selected, make sure you set the default value of the global variable to whichever one is selected.

2. onLoad of the next page, add an event that sets the state of the dynamic panel to “Value” and then use your variable as the value.

It’s been a LOOOOOOONG time since I’ve used v7, so i’m not 100% sure that the set panel state to value method is available - but that’s how I’d do it in v8.

You may have better luck emailing support@axure.com - they can hook you up with an NDA too so you can show them what you’re doing.

Worked!!

the only thing i was missing was to keep the same state name.

Thanks so much for your help!!!