New events in V7

rp-7

[ul]
[/ul]
Widget Events

[ul]
[li]OnDoubleClick: When a widget is double-clicked[/li][li]OnContextMenu: When a widget is right-clicked[/li][li]OnMouseUp: When a widget is clicked, this event triggers on the release[/li][li]OnMouseDown: When a widget is clicked but not yet released[/li][li]OnMouseMove: When the cursor is moved over a widget[/li][li]OnMouseHover: When the cursor is placed over a widget for longer than 2 seconds (2000ms)[/li][li]OnLongClick: When a widget is clicked and heldfor longer than 2 seconds (2000ms)[/li][/ul]

Check Box/Radio Button

[ul]
[li]OnCheckedChange: When a radio button or checkbox option is selected. [/li][/ul]

Page Events

[ul]
[li]OnWindowResize: When a browser window is resized (Use with [[Window.Width]] and [[Window.Height]] variables)[/li][li]OnWindowScroll: When a browser window is scrolled (Use with [[Window.ScrollX]] and [[Window.ScrollY]] variables)[/li][li]OnClick: When any part of the page that does not include a widget is clicked[/li][li]OnDoubleClick: When any part of the page that does not include a widget is double-clicked[/li][li]OnContextMenu: When any part of the page that does not include a widget is right-clicked[/li][li]OnMouseMove: When the mouse is moved anywhere on the wireframe[/li][li]OnKeyUp: When a keyboard key is released[/li][li]OnKeyDown: When a keyboard key is pressed[/li][/ul]

OnContextMenu: works a treat but…
I am showing a contextual menu widget on the action. How can I move the widget to the cursor position before showing?

Strange. I have tried the move to [[Cursor.X]] and [[Cursor.Y]] but the OnContextMenu show function does not fire if I put in those variables. It does work with a standard move to 0

Hi, artdog.

To move the menu to your cursor, move to [[Cursor.X]], [[Cursor.Y]].

I figured out that showing the menu as a lightbox with a transparent background was the best way to make the menu go away if you clicked outside it. Hiding the menu on a page-level OnClick means you can’t click any of the menu options.

Here’s a partial solution. Works great in Chrome, but not Firefox or IE, because the interaction doesn’t suppress those browsers’ context menus. I hesitate to file this as a bug, because I’m not sure there’s anything to be done about it, but since Axure reads these it has at least been raised. :slight_smile:

Jeff
context menu.rp (56.9 KB)

Hey Paul,

I love that you added the possibility to hide/show and move widgets.
But why don’t they then get the corresponding events?

• OnShow
  • OnHide
  • OnMove

These are incredible powerful and without them the regular elements remain “2nd class”.
I’d love to see them added to the event list.

Cheers
l.

You have saved me so much time with the OnMouseHover - thank you! I sort of wish I had control over how long the cursor needs to be over the widget - but, just having the event is awesome. Nice job!

Great additions! The [[Window.Width]] value opens a lot of new possibilities.

Will it ever be possible to resize a widget on the “OnWindowResize” event? That would allow real reponsive design.

You can do this using the adaptive views, so that you don’t have to define them all using actions/events. (Setting up Adaptive Views).

The adaptive views will let you change the size of a widget or image, but won’t give you the smooth scaling that is actually needed. It would be great to be able to set the width of a widget to a % of the [[Window.Width]]. I have noticed I can set the width of a panel to equal the window width, but that doesn’t quite give me what I really need. So close, but yet so far… :frowning:

Key up and key down work great. I wondered if that could be modified to be a specific key. I have a control in my 6.5 rp I could never demonstrate because it was supposed to work on the up and down arrow keys, with key up or key down it would of worked great except i think it would be confusing if it worked on any key they happen to hit.

Hello,
I have a similar observation:
I appreciate that interactions “Show”, “Hide”, “Move” are no longer reserved for widgets “Dynamic Panel” and become available for all widgets.
This is a very good idea because I often created Dynamics Panels with a single state simply because of this restriction.
However, I note that it is not possible to manage events “OnHide”, “OnShox” and “OnMove” for a widget that is not a “Dynamic Panel”.
It does not seem very consistent, why this choice? Do you improve it later?
Thank you! There are many good ideas in Axure V7! :wink:

You can set a condition to choose the key you want the interactions to happen on.

Any chance of adding a OnSelected,OnDeselected, OnDisbaled, OnEnabled to widgets?

You’ve probably seen this by now, and I’m not sure what version this support was added, but in the current v7.0.0.3120, you can now use OnShow, OnHide, OnMove with any widget (not just dynamic panels).

Very happy to see this!

Is it possible for you guys to create a full list of all events, actions, and conditions? This list here is great, but a good page or PDF listing all events with definitions as well as the js variables you support would be a useful resource.

That would be REALLY handy!

This would be very powerful and useful!

how can i have a link to open a pop up window ? where can i get it ?

Hey Japoypogi,

Are you still looking for a way to open a link in a popup window? If so, you can open a popup window by going into the case editor, picking the “Open Link” action, and specifying that you want the link to open in a popup window. Here’s a screenshot:

Hopefully that answers your question!

unlisted #20