No widgets appearing in Outline

Hello,

I recently started using Axure and just encountered an odd behavior. While I was working on a page, all the widgets in my Outline abruptly disappeared, and resetting view doesn’t do anything. The widgets are all still there on the page itself…Am I missing a setting or something? I tried resetting the view but that doesn’t work. It doesn’t matter if I add new widgets, paste in stuff from another page, etc, nothing will appear in outline except the name of the page. Do I just need to copy and paste everything into a new page or something? Thanks for your help!

This happened with me yesterday. Though in my case, the solution was rather simple.
If this doesn’t solve your query, I suggest reaching the Axure’s Support team.

Refer to this image:

Yeah, unfortunately I tried changing all the things in that dialogue and nothing resulted in my widgets reappearing. I ultimately copied everything into a new page and it didn’t hold me up much, if I encounter this again I’ll try and document it as a bug for Axure.

This same issue has just happened to myself. Poof…Outline is showing nothing. It happened abruptly. I often use the filter search to find objects because this project is rather large. Everything is still there but working with the project without anything showing in Outline is next to possible. This is my go-to area for finding everything in the project. I tried the suggestion on this page but no luck. I might have to recover from a back-up and lose a bit of work. Please help!

Hello!

By any chance, at the time that the widgets disappeared were you using the arrow keys to navigate through the widgets in the Outline pane? If so, do you recall whether you may have used the arrow keys to select the page title in the Outline pane and then accidentally tapped the left arrow key? The left and right arrow keys in the Outline pane can expand and collapse the parent node for dynamic panels, and in older builds they would do the same behavior if the page name was selected; the result is that the page “collapsed” in the Outline pane and widgets were hidden until the right arrow key was tapped again. This should be fixed in the latest build of Axure RP 8 (build 3379 as of this writing), so if you’re not already on that build then please give that a try. Hopefully that helps!

Thanks! I don’t think I was using the key arrows. I don’t use the arrows to navigate in the Outline pane. I wasn’t aware of the left and right arrow functions so I will double check that as a resolution. The way I resolved the issue was to use a backup file that was about 10min old. I didn’t lose much work. I will also update to the latest build for version 8.

So…I updated Axure to the latest and re-opened the problematic file. I selected the page and pressed the right arrow key and poof!! Magic, the tree structure with all widgets, groups and dynamic reappeared in the Outline pane. Thank you!

Excellent! I’m glad to hear that you were able to get the content back in the Outline pane. :slight_smile: Hopefully the new build keeps it from happening again going forward!

unlisted #9