OnClick doesn't fire with Space or Enter keys until after a click

Worked in v8; broken in v9.

Create a box with an OnClick event that sets This to “[[Now]]”.

Preview the prototype, tab into the box, and hit Enter key. This shows the current time in the box in Axure 8, but does NOT in Axure 9.

Refresh the prototype, click on an empty spot in the page, tab into the box, and hit Enter key. This works in both v8 and v9.

Hi xenocryst!

Hmm, I’ve just tested this out in a few web browsers on my end (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge), but I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue just yet. Which web browser are you seeing this issue in? As a first troubleshooting step, could you check that you’re running the latest version for your web browser? Please keep me posted if this behavior persists! Thank you! :slight_smile:

It’s not working for me in Chrome or IE here. I’m using Axure v9.0.0.3655. I’ve attached the test file to be sure we’ve done the same thing.

test.rp (42.8 KB)

Aha! It looks like this is a bug that’s been fixed in some of our more recent builds. I just tested this out when using 3655, and I was able to reproduce it! You can update to the latest build in Axure RP 9 by navigating to “Help > Check for Updates”, or you can go to www.axure.com/update to download the latest build’s installer. Please let me know if you see this issue persist when working with the latest build!

1 Like