Problem with tab order on IOS

Hi,

We’ve been user testing some prototypes and encountered problems with iPhones.

iPhone users end up using the tab feature in the keboard. Since the form is a mix between text field and buttons, the tab order ends up wrong since iOS only consider text fields in as tab navigation.

https://ilhdg0.axshare.com/#g=1&p=soumission

Is there a way we can disable keyboard tabs? Or a way to include “box” widget as tab navigation on iOS?

Thanks,

Hmm, if you’re using text fields and the device’s keyboard, then there isn’t really a way to keep the user from using the tab key. However, if you want to keep the tab from switching focus, you can try to block this with an OnKeyDown event on the text field that detects the [Tab] key, and sets focus back to the current widget:

Similarly, if you want to include the boxes in the tab functionality, you could use a condition on an OnKeyDown event to tell the prototype which widget to set focus to.

As far as choosing the order for tabbing of form fields, rearranging the order of the widgets in the Outline pane (or by using right-click > Order > Bring to front/back) should help.

Hopefully that does the trick!

Thanks Alyssa for your feedback!

I tried OnKeyDown if pressed equals tab set focus on text field. I works on desktop, but not on the iPhone. So this is not an option.

We already chose the orther of the widgets with the Outline pane and Bring to front. But again, it doesn’t help on iPhone.

After a brainstorm with my team we came up with a solution that could be helpfull for others. Here goes :
If we want to close the iphone keyboard we need to put a dropdown widget after the text field and when the focus goes to the dropdown, set focus on the desired widget. This will hide the keyboard and prevent the arrow tab of the iphone in the second fields

• It needs to be a dropdown (with a text field it makes the iphone crash)
  • The dropdown needs to not be “hidden”

demofocus.rp (51.1 KB)

unlisted #4