Proxy Issue while trying to login to RP 8

Hi,

I have been having issues logging into the application due to the firewall rules my company use.

When I get to the login screen I am displayed with this message when my credentials have been entered correctly. I know this is now a proxy issue as my company is very strict with its firewall rules.

My current workaround is logging in while on public Wi-Fi, getting past the verification splash screen and then setting up my company proxy details within the Axure application and then connecting back onto the company network and it works a treat.

Sadly I have to keep doing this and with multiple licenses, we have for a number of users it’s becoming quite a pain.

So my question is, do we have any way of configuring the proxy that Axure uses in the application itself while the screenshotted splash screen is displayed? (I know you can configure the Axure proxy in the application once you have logged in and got passed this splash screen)

Thanks for your help.

Hi robertson.cra,

Ah, that doesn’t sound fun. The good news is that we’ll soon be releasing an updated version of Axure RP where the proxy settings will be accessible somewhere within the Welcome Screen dialog so users do not have to first log in to enable the proxy, which should hopefully save you and your coworkers a lot of time and trouble!

We don’t yet have a set date of when this will be released, but what you can do is turn on automatic updates so you’re notified as soon as a build release addresses an issue you’ve been running into. To do this, go to “Help > Check for Updates” and select the two checkboxes “Check for updates when Axure RP starts” and “Include beta channel builds”.

I hope this helps!

I had a problem similar to that of the author and subject. Tell me, can this be due to the fact that I have recently changed the proxy server to another? Thank you.

Hi Alermon,

If Axure RP didn’t get updated with the new proxy information, then yes, that’s likely the cause. The newest build of Axure RP includes a link to the proxy settings on the login dialog, though, so if you’re on the latest build, you should be able to log in successfully after updating the proxy information.

Hopefully this gets you back up and running. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Proxy Setting Location in RP 8 Mac
unlisted #5