Pushing groups of widgets

I don’t know if this is new to 9 but I am having trouble getting groups of widgets to push out of the way when an element expands.

As an example. I have previous and next buttons at either side of the screen. I have an expanding form above but only half of it actually exapnds.

I grouped the previous and next buttons so they would move as a unit but only the button that is below the form element that is moving will push down, leaving the other button in its old position.

I tried adding a block around both buttons to see if this would help but to no avail.

I suspect I will have to add a transparent square to the bottom of the moving widget to essentially catch everything I want to move.

Is this a bug? It seems like odd behaviour.

That was a bad idea. It worked but then messed up a much bigger part of the page.

If this is deliberate, can we have an option to keep groups together or treat them as a single widget when pushed?

Hi!

I believe the behavior you describe is intentional, as push/pull has behaved this way ever since groups were introduced.

The workaround is to use a dynamic panel rather than a group to collect items that need push/pulling. That may or may not be optimal for your situation, however.