Question about Conflict icon for pages checked out by another person

Hi there,

If another person from my team has Checked-Out Page 1 on his computer, and I don’t have writing access to this page on my computer (besides unsafe check outs), then shouldn’t I see the Red “Conflict” icon in the sitemap for Page 1?

I can see the Blue Checked-In icon for Page 1, and when I try to edit this page the “Unsafe Check Out” dialog appears since Page 1 is checked out by someone else at the moment. I assume the icons in the Sitemap pane should indicate each page’s overall checked in/out state. Correct?

[ol]
[li]Reference: https://www.axure.com/learn/team-projects/basics
[/li][li]Scroll down to section WORKING WITH THE TEAM PROJECT
[/li][li]Shared Project Icons - Conflict icon
[/li][li]Unsafe Check Out
[/li][/ol]

Thanks for your reply in advance!

Hi nigithcm,

If another person from my team has Checked-Out Page 1 on his computer, and I don’t have writing access to this page on my computer (besides unsafe check outs), then shouldn’t I see the Red “Conflict” icon in the sitemap for Page 1?

Almost. This scenario would be considered a Conflict only after you’ve stolen the check-out; in turn, your teammates would then see the red icon when they tried to get all changes or check in the page.

In your given scenario, for example, there currently isn’t an indicator icon that informs you that a page is simply checked out by another team member. I think that’d be a great feature request, though. The green indicator icon now just applies to you, the current user of the local copy, rather than the status of other teammates’ check-outs.

With all that said, I can still completely understand how you came to this understanding based on our documentation. I’ll be sure to inform our product team to further review this as we continue to improve our training articles. Let me know if you have anymore questions or comments, though–happy to log any feedback. Thanks!

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the clarification.
Yes. It would be a great feature to have an indicator icon for pages checked out by another team member. Showing this indicator at a glance for all pages will save time for users from going to the “Unsafe Check Out” dialog to realize the status.

“Checked Out by me”
“Checked Out by others” ?

Cheers!

Thank you Alex and the product team, for reviewing this and updating Axure 8.1 with clearer and more accurate team status of pages including information about which user has a checkout. This should address my concern above.

Best regards,

closed #5

unlisted #6

archived #7