Renamed workspace titles doesn't appear for shared team members

Hi all,

Setup:
I work on a bigger project with several team project files in several team workspaces hosted at Axshare. We need this configuration because we need one team workspace for experimental stuff (only UX team), one for “final” prototypes (also accessed by marketing & sales), one for dev etc.

Problem:
If I rename a workspace after I invited people and after they joined, these members don’t get the changed names. They always see the older name - same on Axshare.com (browser, desktop) as on the mobile Axshare app.

It is very difficult so manage the workspaces if several members see several workspace names, e.g. if I write howto’s for new members that explain how to install mobile prototypes using the Axshare app.

Is this a bug or a feature? :wink:

Greetings from Germany,

Chris

Hi Chris,

This is definitely unintended behavior: the workspace name should update for all users who are in the shared workspace. I’ll get this filed right away with our QA team so we can start working towards a fix.

Greetings from sunny San Diego!
Jane

Hi Jane,

great - thanks a lot and greetings from cool Northern Germany :wink:

Chris

I’m still having issues with this. Is it fixed yet? I changed the name of the Team Project .rrpj file, but everyone’s local copy still has the old name, even after getting changes.

Hi oboegal,

We’re continuing to evaluate both issues. In the original post, I believe the discussion was surrounding the name of the Workspaces in each team member’s Axure Share account. With regard to renaming your local copies, that’s currently also handled on a per-user basis on the individual machine. That is, the naming that one user chooses to name their local copy will not affect the name of the local copy belonging to another user. I’ll be sharing your comments with my product manager, though, and we’ll be reviewing this feedback.

Are you also using Axure Share as your shared team directory location? Admittedly, the way forward for renaming projects isn’t as automatic: currently, you may rename the team project in your Axure Share account (share.axure.com), by selecting the checkbox next to the project name and then clicking “Rename”. After renaming on Axure Share, the remaining team members would retrieve a fresh new local copy of that renamed team project (via “Team > Get and Open Team Project”).

Nevertheless, if you have any more comments and feedback to add, feel free to post here and I’ll be happy to include them in the ticket. Thank you!

closed #6

unlisted #7

archived #8