RENDER ISSUE - SVG vs Axure Icon/Shape

svg-pentool-customshapes

Axure shape is not sharp when rendered in the browser but looks fine in Axure.
SVG behaves in the opposite way - Browser renders it fine, but looks blurred in Axure.

Any ideas why we have this issue?
svg_vs_axureShape.rp (48.6 KB)

AXURE VIEW:

BROWSER VIEW:

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for posting about this. We were able to reproduce the blurry SVG on the canvas and blurry shapes in the output specifically on Retina and other hi-res displays (e.g. 4K). I’ve also updated the ticket with our QA team so that we can continue evaluating improvements in a future release. Having greater clarity in the canvas and output is on our list for RP 9. Here’s a relevant post about that general direction:

https://www.axure.com/c/forum/general-discussion/22838-making-axure-look-good-vs-sketch.html#post7362611

Thanks for the clarification, Alex!

I am surprised to know that the vectors are exported as PNGs in the output. It takes off the whole purpose of designing with vectors.

But I guess, we have to wait for RP9. Do we have tentative dates for the release?

Hello!

We don’t have a projected release date yet. We’ve shifted greater development efforts toward RP 9, though, and are expecting to have a major release this year. Also feel free to follow our blog for major announcements like that and/or subscribe to our newsletter at that webpage:

I was wondering if this was fixed, and if not, should I replace all my shapes back into svg’s? I am working on a pixel perfect prototype and cannot have blurry icons. What do you recommend @Alex_Axure ?

Hi nicolebtesh,

It looks like this hasn’t been fixed yet, so I would recommend replacing the shapes back to SVGs if you are working on a pixel perfect prototype. I’ll also go ahead and let our QA team know that you are running into this issue as well. Please lmk if you have any questions!

Hey Praveen, a workaround I generally follow is to take a double size png and scale it down to half. Then it solves the quality issue on the retina display. You may have already known it. But let’s hope the best in RP9. Long live Axure!

unlisted #8