RP 8 Masters in Library > when library is refreshed in RP file updates to masters don't apply

There was an older (RP 6, I think) thread on this topic, but I can’t find anything recent. I’m working with a library of styles so that our team is consistent with design patterns. For a number of these things we have Masters in addition to many widgets. If I make updates to the widgets and refresh the library from in a RP File, I do seem to get the styles updates. However, if I make adjustments of any kind (styles, functional, or position), none of those changes come in when the library is refreshed.

We are using widgets for buttons, H1, toggles, modals, and tables. We are using masters for components that have more functionality and are elements we want significant consistency on, such as header, footer, log-in widget, etc.

Am I refreshing the library incorrectly? Or is Axure purposefully functioning in this way? Has there been any work towards a common masters repository for teams?

While the widget styles as a library is a handy feature, the whole is handicapped by being unable to share a more complex component via a library. We have greater need to share functional components than we do sharing visual styles.

Hi JavaBird,

It does sound as if you’re running into a limitation of updating styles in RPLIBs–those style changes in the RPLIB currently do not update the corresponding styles of widgets that already exist and have been dragged into the RP file. I believe the behavior you’re seeing affects both masters and standard widgets of a library. Here’s a workflow that describes a possible scenario.

Similarly, as mentioned in that thread, the main way forward would be to import the styles of the RPLIB. You can do this from within an instance of an RP file by selecting “File > Import from RP File”. (Click “Next” until you reach the options for importing Widget Styles, select the styles in question, then skip to end as needed.)

That said, I can still understand how this added step doesn’t make for a smooth workflow, and I’ll be updating my product manager about what you’ve written. Let me know if you have any more comments, though–thank you!

closed #3

unlisted #4

archived #5