RP9 widgets unresponsive on IOS-12

Hi all, I’m currently testing our RP9 over RP8 and have noticed that certain ‘input’ widgets (drop list, text field, radio button etc.) are unresponsive or broken when viewed on iphone in IOS12

Interestingly, the same widgets created in RP8, sent to the same device, work just fine.

Any ideas?

Hi nel5ta,

We have this bug on file with our QA team where widgets under the Form section aren’t getting focus on mobile devices, on both iOS and Android. A workaround in the meantime is to give the form widgets an OnClick to set the focus on the targeted form widget(s).

Let us know if you have any questions!

Hi Jane,

Thanks for that suggestion, that seems to work fine. I have also noticed that ‘scroll to widget’ (anchor) doesn’t work in IOS 12 either. Would you happen to know of a magic workaround for that?

Thanks

Hi nel5ta,

You’re right - it looks like the Scroll to Widget and OnWindowScroll IX are broken on the 9 beta, specifically on iOS devices, and I’ve filed this as a bug with our QA team as well. I’m afraid I don’t have any great workarounds for this one, except to view the prototype on an Android device or to build any projects with scroll interactions in Axure RP 8 if you wanted to test on iOS.

Hey Jane, cheers for the response. It’s not a biggie for us right now as we were just evaluating RP9. Happy to help with the bug-hunt!