Scroll to widget starting from top of page

Hi All,

I’m using the scroll to widget function on a page with a typeform.com style set of questions (each time a question is answered the footer is pushed down, another question displayed and the page auto-scrolled to the next question). I’m doing this with each question within a dynamic panel and the whole question set also within a dynamic panel.

All of this is fine, except that when I trigger the scroll to widget then the scroll starts from the top of the page rather than from the last question which results in a rather jerky and confusing look.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks

Rose

UPDATE: this only appears to happen when the next question is being shown, if I scroll back up and click the same button again it has the expected behaviour

UPDATE AGAIN: It’s the push items below that is causing the problem - could it be that this is changing the height of the dynamic panel and that’s affecting the calculations for where to scroll from?

Hi Rose!

Are you using any groups? Whenever the page scrolls to the top due to some kind of interaction, the use of groups is often the culprit for whatever reason.

Hmm, I haven’t been able to reproduce the behavior yet in a fresh file on my end, but if you’re still running into it and would like for us to take a look, feel free to post a sample of the affected file her or send it to support@axure.com so that we can take a closer look to see what’s causing the screen to bounce when the scroll to widget action fires.

Hi there,

Here’s the file with the content stripped but you can still see the issue.

I had to use a work around in the end of leaving the page long, but I’m still interested as this may be something that I want to do again.

Thanks

Rose

test.rp (167.9 KB)

Hmm, after taking a look at your file, it does look like josephxbrick was right on the nose about groups. In your file, the footer master contains a group of widgets, and ungrouping those widgets in the master seems to stop the page from hopping to the top when the master gets pushed by the dynamic panels that push it when they are shown. I’ll go ahead and get this filed on our end, but in the meantime hopefully that helps as a small fix/workaround!

That’s really interesting, thanks both for taking the time to look at this, I’ll bear it in mind for future builds.

The grouping was actually a response to a previous problem I had with the pushing, in that some of the items in the footer were being pushed and some weren’t. It didn’t fix the problem but I didn’t think to remove it again. (Joseph, your message didn’t come through until after I’d had to submit the project).

Thanks

Rose