Seeing checkout status of another team member

I have been loving the newest Axure RP 8 very much.

One thing I haven’t been able sort out. I am working on a Team project. I want to be able to see what files my team members have checked out BEFORE I try to check them out. Axure has these nifty status icons… but they only show me if I have something checked out, not if another team member has something checked out.

The only way I have found to view this is Team > Manage Team Project …and then hit refresh to see what files are available to check out. Can’t Axure just do this on the fly and show me what is checked out by someone else in “Pages?”

This seems like pretty basic file status that should be easily reflected with the appropriate status icon.

Any help here? I do hope it is just a switch I can flip.

Hi coburnhawk,

Glad to hear you’re liking RP 8!

Unfortunately, using “Team > Manage Team Project” and hitting Refresh is currently the only way to view the checkout status of a team project by another team member. I can definitely see how a feature that dynamically shows the checkout status of another team member “on the fly” will be useful, though, and I’ve filed this as a feature request with our PM team.

If you have any other suggestions on how we can improve your workflow when working with Team Projects, feel free to share that with me here or on thefeature request forum.

I hope this helps!

I want to second that request!

Also, I assume that there is no way to view who has what page checked out in a file? This would be nice, so that I know who to ask to check something back in if they aren’t working in it… I notice that team members sometimes forget to check pages back in.

closed #4

unlisted #5

archived #6