Share Axure Share with colleagues

I’m working in an IT company and in almost all projects we use Axure in our projects to create wire frames, clickable prototypes and generate documentation. We have around 10 licenses and each license has it’s own Axure Share environment.

I’ve the following challange: since each license is linked to it’s own Axure Share environment, we cannot share the RP files in one single environment (unless we copy the file to another central place). I would like to have ONE Axure Share environment to store all RP files (within folders for each individual user) so we build up a knowledge base of solutions, applications and other stuff we build.

What I’ve done: in the Share Dialog within Axure I created a new account called axure@mycompany.com. A non-existing email address within our company. I published a prototype and that seems to work. However, is this the correct way of working with Axure Share? Am I allowed to do this, since this email address is non-existing? Or, do I run into problems later on, since I cannot receive notifications on that email address…

Thanks for your thoughts…

This will be a good features. Simply by adding options to switch accounts.

Not quite sure understand the issue. But if you have Axure Team you can share Axure projects between team mates. Not sure if thats what you’re looking for.

Thing is that around 10 people in the organization use Axure + Axure Share. But I cannot access there Axure Share environment because it’s bound to the license they have. It would be great for knowledge sharing if there could be one Axure Share environment that anyone in my organisation can access without switching accounts… AND without using a “fake” email address…

Yeah I can see how that would be helpful. Sort of like a shared dropbox that everyone can sign into.

Hi Maarten_Portiva,

Hmm, please let me know if I’m misunderstanding the issue, but from what I’ve gathered so far, it sounds like shared workspaces could help for your team’s workflow:

https://www.axure.com/support/reference/axure-share-basics#workspaces

Workspaces in Axure Share allow you to create workspaces (folders) and invite certain users to the shared workspace. If you have a total of 10 users on your team and would like to upload prototypes to a workspace each team member can access/view/edit, someone from your team can create a shared workspace (they’ll be the “owner” of the workspace) and invite your other team members to it. Once they accept the invitation, members of the workspace will be able to view the workspace from their own Axure Share account and publish to projects inside that workspace.

I also want to mention that the Enterprise edition of Axure RP allows you to easily switch between Axure Share accounts, if that sounds like something your team would be interested in. If you’d like to take a look, here’s a link to the ASE User Guide:

https://www.axure.com/support/reference/enterprise-user-guide

That’s great! Didn’t know about this feature in Axure Share. Did some testing with it and it seems to work exactly as I would expect it should work. Thanks!

closed #8

unlisted #9

archived #10