Slow loading time in preview

Hi,
I’m trying to use for a new Axure project this approach:

• create a master page
  • insert in that page all the possible layouts
  • check, in which section I’m using the pagename, and show the correct layout

but I am experiencing slow loadings from 2 to 10 sec.

Probably because I have masters for tables rows with conditional content inside.

I would like to ask if the problem may be dued to the number of masters or to the number of conditional IFs?
Is there a method or a widget I can use to avoid these slowings down?

Thanks

Luca

Hi Luca,

It sounds like the number of widgets and interactions within your masters could be causing the slow load times you’re seeing, but it’s hard to say for sure without getting a look at your file. For example, if you had a master widget with a set of many conditional cases, those conditional cases would need to be evaluated one by one in order (until a condition is met) for the master to load the correct layout. If you then had multiple masters doing this on the same page, it could definitely add up and impact the prototype’s overall loading time.

It might help to split the layouts into separate prototype pages in this case, but would you be able to post a copy of your RP file? That would help with giving us a better idea of what might be affecting this the most. TY!

Thanks for the reply!
It’ difficult to extract a ‘save file’ because it’s all under NDA but I’ll try!

I’ll try to split and see if there are improvements in the timing.

Is there a way to create a 2 layers nested IFs? From what I can see we can create only IF/ELSE statements without nesting. This might help a lot since it lets me continue to use my current layout and avoid the ‘check every conditions’ issue. And I guess that to have more complex statements, such as switches, I should use some code-based plug-in, is it correct?

Thanks.

Luca

Hi Luca!

Nested conditions aren’t a feature at the moment. But adding multiple conditions within a case might help simulate that effect. Here’s more on the condition builder:

https://www.axure.com/support/reference/conditional-logic#multiple_conditions

And a sample file that demonstrates a possible approach:

Nested Conditions.rp (57.8 KB)

unlisted #5