Slow working Prototype

newbie-question

Our prototype with 26MB is very slow. We have to wait about 25s before everything is moved/shown. I dont know if we are doing something wrong. Even when i am moving with one object loading time is around 4s. Is there anything what can i do to make it faster?

Hi Tirnovar,

Would you happen to have the majority of content gathered on a single page? Wide use of heavy widgets (e.g. large repeaters, tables, unoptimized images, nested DPs) on a single page can lead to slowdowns like this.

Generally what can help is to try finding places where you can break apart the particularly heavy assets (like a series of deeply nested DPs) onto multiple pages rather than having it all on a single page. After restructuring content onto multiple pages and lightening the load of each page, you could create Open Link actions to link them up where it makes sense.

If you can attach a copy of your RP file (or send it privately via email to support@axure.com), we can take a look at the setup and see about specific ways to rearrange and optimize it. Please include a link to this forum thread if you email. Thank you!

Hey Alex_Axure,

thanks for your time. I have to say it is on multiple pages and i am not using any Repeaters, Tables ect. I am using only many Optimized images, Boxes, Labes and Horizontal Lines. Yesterday i will talk to boss if we could send it to you.

unlisted #4