Sometimes clicks do not register in Axure RP 8 editor on High Sierra

Hi again,

May be off topic but, since it is something happening in Axure 8 & High Sierra… Actually there is another rather annoying glitch I am experiencing with Mac & 8.1 & High Sierra : sometimes, clicking on an element in Axure in edit mode (not in published prototype), does not select it. It takes several clics on the item to actually get it. It also happens clicking on the DP state modal window in order to select and edit that state (in this case it is a double click). As I say, this does not happen always, like 1 on 8 times, but it’s mostly annoying.

Tested with 2 different mouses (BT and wired) and with 2 trackpads (macbook’s and apple external)

Axure 8 + High Sierra

Hi vicenteocana,

We haven’t seen any reports of similar issues, so I was hoping to ask you some more questions about the behavior you’re seeing:

1. Could you tell me a little more about the issue? Does it only occur when trying to select elements in Axure RP’s canvas, or is it occurring when selecting elements in RP’s panes (such as the “Outline” or “Pages” panes) as well?

2. Did this problem appear after you updated your OS to High Sierra? Is it affecting all of your project files, or just one particular file?

3. What build of Axure RP are you currently running?

If possible, sending over a video of the issue may help us get a better idea of what you’re seeing as well. Thank you!

I have this often when editing actions. Clicking on, for example, the show/hide action does nothing and takes several clicks to get it to register. I assumed it was just my old 2011 macbook pro not being able to keep up but it does seem like it became more common with High Sierra. It doesn’t always happen. I haven’t been able to nail down any sequence that causes it.

I am experiencing both of the issues listed here.

As far as the second issue:

1. It only happens (as far as I can tell in the canvas… more so in the repeater.
  2. Yes, seems to be in files created before and since upgrading.
  3. Version 8.1.0.3355

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for reporting your findings about this. I was able to reproduce the selection problem in several areas in the RP editor (e.g. the DP manager, case editor) while running macOS 10.13.1. I’ve filed and escalated a ticket with our QA team so we can suss this out.

Hi Alex,

Sorry for the delay answering, charged agenda…

I have made a little video, looking at your answer it looks like it’s not worth to upload it ?

Regards

Vicente Ocana

Hi Vicente,

Thanks for the update. Videos are always welcome! Would it still be possible to upload it? That’ll be a big help especially if you’re finding the error in other areas of the UI besides the DP State Manager and Case Editor. Thanks!

Hi,

I guess I can not upload a 100mb video here, so here is a link to the file. Note : all “click” sounds are actual mouse clicks.

Axure version 8.1.0.3366
OSX 10.13.1

I would love to hear some news, today I had to change like 80 buttons states and I ended clicking double amount of clicks…

I have the same issue. Super irritating, as only about 1 out of two clicks actually selects the object I click on. Lasso drag only works 2/3 of the time. Trackpad works flawlessly in other software.

Using trackpad on mid-2015 retina Macbook pro, latest High Sierra, Axure 8, 3366

Hi there, I’ve the same issue here.

I’m running a MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015 on macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 with Axure RP Team Edition 8.1.0.3366.
Clicks are not registered within the Case Editor regardless of whether using the trackpad or my MagicMouse.

Best
Nico

Hi Nico,

This should be fixed in the latest release candidate (build 3367), if you wanted to give that a try. You can grab the RC from www.axure.com/rc. If you’re still experiencing this behavior on build 3367, please let me know. A short video of the entire Axure RP window recording the non-clickable behavior would be helpful as well. Ty!

I have what seems to be the same problem and it’s beyond frustrating. Getting an action to select in “Click to add actions” is one problem. Organizing the actions is another problem, since an item takes multiple grabs before it ‘takes’, and also clicking stuff such as checkboxes in the “Configure Actions” group. My colleague doesn’t have this problem, nor does Axure on my home machine.

Hi moverton,

As I mentioned in the above, post, this should be fixed in the release candidate (build 3367). As such, could you try updating to the release candidate (www.axure.com/rc) and let me know if the behavior changes?

Hi all,

I have been having this problem for ages. It was driving me mad and I had started to prototype using things like Adobe Muse instead. I have just loaded up the version @Jane_Axure posted and on initial analysis it seems to solve the problem.

I would encourage Axure to roll out this update across the user base.

Hi everybody.
Just to confirm, had the same problem on 8.1.0.336something on Mac OS High Sierra, went to @Jane_Axure link, downloaded the latest RC (now .3369) and the problem seems to be solved.
Thanks @Jane_Axure.
All the best!

Hi. I had the same problem with clicks not being registered using Axure on High Sierra. I just wanted to confirm that this latest RC build fixed this issue for me. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi have the same problem as the original post except it’s not just in High Sierra. I noticed ghost clicks happen most often when trying to «check out» a page in a team project from the on canvas button.

But it happens in other circumstances as well, it’s a pet peeve mentioned to me by most designers in our team. We have not upgrade to High Sierra.

Hi Ludwig,

Hmm, it sounds like you and your team might be experiencing a separate issue from the High Sierra click issue. If possible, would you mind emailing support@axure.com with more details about which specific actions seem to be failing on your end when you click? For example, are you seeing that moving or resizing any widgets seems to fail on the canvas? If you could also let us know which version and build of Axure RP you’re using, as well as which OS your team is on, then that would help as well. Screenshots and videos of the behavior are always welcome.

Thanks!

I am having the same problem as well. Clicks on not registering in the Inspector Panel and Case Editor. I’ve download the update in this tread and it fixed it, but after updating to the new versions the click register problems have started again.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Hmm, to confirm, are you using build 3367 or later of Axure RP 8? I’m not able to reproduce the missed clicks on build 3370 on OS X 10.13.2 so far. Do you happen to be using an external monitor or have any of the panes popped out when you notice the missed clicks? Is it left-clicks or right-clicks that are missed? To confirm, did the issue start up again when you updated your OS or Axure RP?