Sticky header/pop-up issue

I’m having trouble with a sticky header element being disabled when presenting a pop-up modal screen (a dynamic panel, via show hidden).

I have a condition where if the visibility of the modal screen equals true to hide the sticky header, but it will still regenerate when the page scrolls…

Is there a way to fix this?

No one can tell you exactly how to fix it without seeing your file, but it sounds like you have an action on the window scroll event that shows the sticky header. You also have an action that hides the header when the modal shows, but that doesn’t mean the action to show it when you scroll will stop working. You told Axure to show the sticky header whenever you scroll, and so it does - always.

What you need to do is add a condition to the scroll event to only show the sticky header if the modal is not showing.

When the page scrolls (event), if the modal is not visible (condition), show the sticky header (action).

Thanks for getting back!

I think I have just that - so I have:

OnWindowScrollDown
if [[Window.scrollY]] is greater than or equal to 250, show sticky header
else if visibility of Modal equals true, hide sticky header

OnWindowScrollUp
if [[Window.scrollY]] is less than 249, hide sticky header
else if visibility of Modal equals true, hide sticky header

which results it doing that, unless theres a scroll within the modal.

I can’t think of a solution to circumnavigate

Thanks again for your time and consideration!

You’ve added extra cases relating to the modal. You want to add this as conditions:

OnWindowScrollDown
if [[Window.scrollY]] is greater than or equal to 250 AND visibility of modal equals false, show sticky header
(These are two conditions on one case. In the condition editor, click the + to add a new condition and make sure to change the dropdown to “ALL” not “ANY”)

OnWindowScrollUp
if [[Window.scrollY]] is less than 249, hide sticky header

Then on your modal widget:
OnShow
Hide sticky header

Thats the fix!

THANK YOU!