Stumped with type-ahead repeater

Ok peeps this one has me stumped. I’ve created type ahead repeater and I have it mostly working except for the last step.

I’m attaching my RP file so you can look at the mess I’ve created. :stuck_out_tongue: Here’s what I’m trying to do:

I have a DP with 3 states: No Assignments, Find Assignments, Assignments Added. I default to No Assignments.

1. The user clicks on Add Assignments button.
  2. The user uses the type ahead to search for an Assignment.
  3. The user selects an assignment. (This is where things breakdown)
  4. (This is what I want to happen) The DP switches states and shows the Assignments Added panel and then filters the AddedAssignmentsRpt repeater by the select item from the type ahead.

Thats it folks. I’m hoping this is pretty easy I’m just not smart enough to figure it out on my own.

TIA
RepeaterHelp.rp (98.1 KB)

Hey there - please see attached for a sample of how to do this. Note though - your values must match exactly between repeaters. In the file you uploaded “Accessibility” had a space after it in one repeater that wasn’t in the other. That sort of thing will cause this to not work.

Part of the problem was also that while you had an action on the group, you also had different actions on the underlying parts of the group. In those cases, the onclick of the items will supersede the onclick of the group. So I moved all of your actions up to the group level.

Alternatively, instead of filtering, you could also add a row to the new repeater when you click.
RepeaterHelp_stumped.rp (99.3 KB)

1 Like

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You my friend just earned yourself a beer or two!!!
:bow:

Thank you both for this helpful example. I’m working on adapting it to my needs and find myself stumped on one thing:

• How did you get the little “x” at the right edge to appear? I want to do this for other fields, too, and I have no idea how you did it! Nothing appears under interaction styles, nor under OnMouseEnter.

@KavaKiwi
@UXProtoTyper

As far as I can tell, the little X you are talking about is added by Chrome when you enter/hover a search field with a value in it.

So, if you want to replicate this on other text fields, set the type to search and add a hint so Chrome will pretty much always display it.

Keep in mind this is specific to chrome - doesn’t seem to do it on Firefox.

@nkrisc u fast 2

1 Like

That’s because the text field is set to type=“search”. You can see that in the Properties tab when you select the field.

However note that the particular implementation is browser-specific. So it may or may not work the same in different browsers. It is not an Axure feature but a feature of the browser’s implementation of the HTML spec.

@UXProtoTyper u fast

1 Like

Is there any step by step guide to how to create this from scratch? Would love to learn how to accomplish this.

1 Like