Switch from mobile cursor to desktop cursor in preview? (mouse pointer)

Hello!

I have been looking all over and I can’t find how to switch the ‘mobile’ cursor to a standard desktop one when previewing the prototype.

It is crucial for usability testing that the cursor is a standard one (the desktop one) and not a large smudgy dot (which is preferable for mobile use).

It would be great, if I can get the answer in a short time because we are going to conduct several usability testings next week.

Best regards,
Nils

Change cursor to normal pointer (not dot)
Preview cursor is big smudgy blob

The problem was the Adaptive View settings, if it is enabled Axure RP thinks it is a mobile version and it shows a big dot cursor. You have to disable or delete the Adaptive View Sets to get an ordinary mouse cursor.

It would be great if we have the possibility to have a system-wide setting to determine which kind of cursor we want.

Is disabling/deleting the Adaptive View really a solution though? I’d argue that, because one can have multiple view sizes for let’s say web or desktop prototypes, that it shouldn’t be handled as mobile view by default.

A system-wide setting would be a great improvement. I think this should be set either when adding a new Adaptive View or as a toggle in the preview mode.

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.