Team Project on SVN - losing checkout when Get All Changes

Dear Axure team and all,

I am writing to you because we sometimes get the following situation, which gets a bit annoying because we might lose some information.
Our team is made of several persons working on an Axure Team project, hosted on SVN. Each of us is using a single local copy.
Here’s the scenario:

1. I checkout a page e.g. named “Page”.
  2. I start working on it, at some point, I’ll do “Get All Changes from Team directory” without doing Checkin or Send all changes first
  3. Once the “Get All changes” is done, “Page” does not seem to be checked-out to anyone (i.e. blue square icon). As a consequence, I cannot check-in (with Check-in “Page” or Check-in Everything options).
  4. If anyone (me or team mates) tries to Checkout “Page”, then it appears that it’s “Checked-out to <my user name>”. The only option at this point to not lose my uncommitted changes is for me to steal my own “checkout” and checkin. Note: we never use “Modify without checkout”, as we don’t want to lose anything or
  5. If I look at the menu Team > Manage Team project, I see that the “Page” appears as “Checked-out to <my user name>”.

I just wanted to know if this is a bug, or if it could come from our SVN repository, if there is anything we can do (except being careful when clicking on “Get all changes”).

Kind regards,
scc.

Hi scc,

Thanks for posting on this topic. We’ve seen this reported a few times where Get All Changes triggers a Check In; and, so far, each reported instance involved users on an internal SVN setup. Albeit we haven’t heard back from anyone with regard to what was unique about their setup that might’ve caused the problem. Nonetheless, our primary recommendation would be to make sure that the SVN server is a plain vanilla setup with no special hook scripts added, etc. Ensuring there aren’t restrictive permissions impeding users’ access would also be a helpful area to check.

One point of comparison that could shed more light on this is to try hosting the existing team project or a new team project on Axure Share (share.axure.com), and test the Get All Changes performance. Once you create a Shared Workspace in your Axure Share account, you’d be able to create a team project pointing to that location. Here’s a walkthrough if needed:

Creating and Using Team Projects

Other systematic behaviors to look out for in your environment are, for example, whether the error affects each user the same across the board or even if the error affects all/new team projects located at that specific SVN location. Hopefully this can help narrow down where the problem is stemming from (e.g. whether it’s attributed to permissions or something specific to the user or machine, other influencing software, etc.).

Dear Alex,
Thank you so much for your reply.
I am going to investigate further on our SVN setup then, and keep you posted if I find anything which could help others.
Kind regards,
Sophie

How was this resolved ? We are facing with similar issues.
Any help would be of great assistance !!

Same here. Exactly the same problems with an internal SVN. Our IT department tells me there is nothing special about our SVN setup. Anything new?

Hi ewo,

If the suggestions in Alex’s post didn’t help, would you mind sending us an email at support@axure.com? If you can, please include information about your particular SVN setup, as well as the build of Axure RP and operating system version you’re currently running. Thank you!

closed #7

unlisted #8

archived #9