Text field case does not work RP 8

I have an input field that, when alphanumeric text is entered, a submit button becomes active. There are actually two different buttons (one faded and one not). So, when alphanumeric text is entered, Case 1 works: Case is if length of value of widget Phone Number Entry Field is greater than or equals “1” - show button that is not faded and hide the button that is faded. Case 2 is basically the opposite: if length of value of widget Phone Number Entry Field is less than “1”. Show faded button and hide the button that is not faded. The second case does nothing though. I’ve tried various configurations, but nothing works, so I’m reaching out. Any ideas? When the user clears the field/deletes the alphanumeric text, the button should just switch to the faded/inactive/opaque button, but does not.

Hi!

Is the second condition an ELSE IF? If so, you can just use the ELSE by itself (and leave off the “length of phonenumber is less than 1” part). That ELSE will be triggered if the first condition isn’t triggered.

Hi,

Thank you very much for replying, but the fix didn’t work. I captured an image of the code for you to view. Maybe I interpreted your post incorrectly.

Hi!

Hmmm. Is it possible that you multiple buttons named the same thing and you’re referring to a different one in the second condition? If not, is this something that you can post?

Hi,

I clearly have to clean up my prototype a bit. It was something similar to having multiple buttons named the same thing. This problem has been plaguing me for a week. Thanks for the tip! Problem solved and now it’s working.

Good to hear! By the way, you can use a single button and set its disabled interaction style to faded, and then just disable/enable the button instead hiding/showing two different buttons. Here’s a tutorial that Axure offers.

[Edit] Scratch that - I just remembered you want an animation, and interaction styles (annoyingly) don’t offer those.