This is not a valid team project location. Please select a new location

hi,all:

we need help about 'Get and Open team project'. we created an team project from existing RP file and put it into SVN.

However , when I executed ‘Get and Open team project’. I got a msg “This is not a valid team project location. Please select a new location.” as shown here.

I checked svn , everything was OK. Further more, I could “browse team project history” , as shown below

I even tried to create a folder and it succeeded to test if the svn login account have enough permission. as the top 1 history shown in pic above.

my axure is 8.0.0.3340 Team editon on windows.

we need help to find way out. Thank you in advance!

Hi leonpard,

It sounds like you’re running into some trouble with getting a new local copy of a team project hosted on your SVN server. To gather some more information, I’d like to ask you a few troubleshooting questions:

1. Are you able to successfully retrieve local copies of any other team projects that may be hosted on that SVN server? As a test for this, can you try creating a blank new team project in the same SVN directory and then getting a local copy of that new project?

2. Are you able to visit and access the SVN directory path in your web browser?

3. Does accessing the team directory via HTTP instead of HTTPS (i.e. “http://192…” instead of “https://192…”) make any difference in either Axure RP or the browser?

Moving forward with troubleshooting this issue may also require some additional information about your SVN server’s particular set up. If this information might be sensitive, would you be able to write us an email at support@axure.com with the answers to the above questions? We’ll be happy to move forward with the troubleshooting process there as well. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any questions!

hi, simon:

I 'm very thankful for your help. answer for your quesitons:
  1. see pic . I created a blank new Team project and uploaded succesfully to SVN server. But, due to the quesion of this post, we were not able to get an local copy inside AxureRP by “Get and Open team Project”.

1. I can access SVN from chrome as pic above.

2. It will fail to access via HTTP . HTTPS is OK.

summary:
1、we were able to create a team project and check in and check out , but , not able to get a team project inside AxureRP.
2、and we try to get all the projects files via TortoiseSVN, we found no “.rp” file there。

Hi leonpard,

Thanks for the followup. When a team project is created, Axure RP will ask you to specify a directory to save the project in and then automatically create a new folder inside that directory with the name of the team project. To retrieve a local copy of that team project, the project’s entire folder path must be entered into the “Team Directory” field of the “Get Team Project” dialog. If the path in the Team Directory field is pointing to the overall repository instead of the team project itself, you’ll see an error message indicating that the team project path is invalid (as you’re seeing). If that same path is entered into the Team Project History Browser, however, the history browser will still show any general changes that were made to the overall repository.

That said, would the team project you’re trying to get a local copy happen to be named “custompartol”? If it isn’t, what is your team project named? Can you try adding the team project’s name to the end of the directory path and see if that allows you to successfully get a local copy? For example, if your team project is named “test_project”, you’ll need to enter “https://192.168.3.7/svn/custompartol/test_project” as the full team directory path.

If you or a colleague already has a local copy of the team project in question, you can also check the project’s exact team directory path by opening the local copy and going to “Team > Browse Team Project History”. The project’s directory path will appear in the “Team Directory” field; you’ll want to use the path shown there when getting local copies of that team project.

Please let me know if you’re running into trouble with any of the above, or if you’re still seeing the error after entering your team project’s full path. I’ll be standing by!

hi,simon:

I followed your direction and the problem solved.

I input the parent directory instead of the “the team directory I thought” and it succeeded.

Thank you very much ! :slight_smile:

Hi leonpard,

I’m glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue! Please let me know if you have any questions or if there’s anything else I can assist you with. :slight_smile:

closed #7

unlisted #8

archived #9