This makes no sense to me - RP 9

Here’s the file: sticky-bad.rp (98.9 KB)

This worked in RP 8. Updated to RP 9 and now my sticky nav is wonky. I can’t figure out how to get the master to move in relation to the center-aligned page. It’s probably something I’m overlooking. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Best, Jeff

Hi Jeff!

Hmm, is this issue occurring when scrolling down and displaying your “fixed nav” master? It looks like making it so that this master is pinned to the top, center of the page allows it to display correctly on the center-aligned page.

sticky-bad-edited.rp (98.8 KB)

Let me know if you’re still seeing some unexpected behavior on your end. Thanks!

Hi Chelsea,

Your edit doesn’t seem to work either. See screenshot.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for letting me know! It looks like I was looking at the project at a smaller window width and missed this behavior. If you would like to have this master’s dynamic panel center to the page, you can create a function that creates an X position for the widget to move to based off of the following:

[[((Window.width - This.width)/2)]]

This will create a position for the dynamic panel to move to that is centered depending on the width of the window and the width of the horizontal nav:

Adding some conditional logic to the OnWindowResize event’s case also helps to make sure that panel doesn’t move to a negative location when the size of the panel is larger than the size of the window.

sticky-bad-edited2.rp (99.2 KB)

If you have any questions, please let me know!

1 Like

Thanks Chelsea,

I’ll give that a shot. Any idea why this issue wasn’t happening in RP 8 but occurs in RP 9?

Here’s how I have it set up: