Toggle visibility from another page using Inline Frame

Hello Axure users,

I am building a very simple prototype consisting of only two pages: one main page with an inline frame showing the second page. The reason I use this frame is because I only want to show a piece of the second page, and make it scrollable to show the rest.

Here is the problem: inside this frame (so on the second page) I have a button which should interact with a label on the main page. But if I add a case OnClick for this button, I can only link it to other elements on the same page.

What should I do?
Looking forward to hear from you!

Rumturf

Hi, @Rumturf. You can use a dynamic panel rather than an inline frame to display the content on the main page. With such setup, you’d be able to have the buttons inside the panel interacting with the content on the main page.

@designerd,

Thank you so much! I did not think about that.
This works almost for me.

However, with the inline frame I could use a ‘Pin to browser’-header within the frame, to make it not scrollable.
This is not possible with an dynamic panel, because it will pin the header to the very top and left of the main page. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this?
(I believe it is not possible to have a margin with the Pin to browser-function if you choose top and left).

Thank you so far and looking forward to your reply!

Rumturf

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Thanks again for your help and quick responds!

Have a nice day.
Rumturf