Trying to understand how to use TargetItem

repeater-widget

I’ve been using Axure for several years now and there’s one thing about the repeater-widget that I’ve never tried to use because I don’t really understand how it should be used: TargetItem.

The online documentation says this:

TargetItem is a similar object that gives you access to all the same properties as Item. The difference between the two is that you can use TargetItem in an interaction on a widget inside the repeater’s item to access information about other items in the repeater.

But what does that mean? How does one apply it / use it within the contents of an item to access information from the other items? Perhaps all I need is a concrete example but I’ve searched on line on and off since I first started using repeaters and have never found anything - no blogs, no videos, no forum posts/answers - that have such a thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Jenni

The TargetItem pointer is commonly used in Filters, when initiated within a repeater. It is also used when actions made in one repeater cause an effect in another repeater. Here are some good examples in past forum posts:

https://forum.axure.com/search?q=targetitem