Two instances of Axure RP 8, don't run

Hi,

I am encountering a strange showstopper.

The scenario is: If there are two files: File A and File B. You open File A in Axure and you simultaneously open another instance of Axure and open File B.

Now, in some duration one of the instance of Axure closes.

Is this a known bug? Or only am encountering it?

Is there a possible workaround so that I can simultaneously work on the both the files together?

Regards,
Apurvo

Hi Apurvo!

To start, please make sure that you are running the latest build of Axure RP (8.1.0.3377). You can grab the latest build by downloading the installer directly from < www.axure.com/update >.

If updating doesn’t help, could you let me know the version of Mac or Windows you are running, as well as a quick video of the issue occurring? Any additional details you’re able to provide will be helpful as well. Ty!

Sure @Jane_Axure, thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,
Apurvo

I am curious, why would you launch a second instance of axure? You could open both files in the same instance… ???
(Just wondering…)

How can I open both files in the same instance?

To view two files, I think you need to open two instances of Axure?

Am I sounding logical @Emgee?

Regards,
Apurvo

Apurvo,
I can have lots of Axure prototypes open at the same time. File Menu -> Open… (This is on Mac, but I assume the same is for windows. )

Maybe I am still misunderstanding?

Regards,
michael

Micheal,

I don’t know about Mac :slight_smile:, because I use a Windows laptop.

In windows, I can’t open two prototypes at a time from the same instance. Even if you open another file of Axure along with using the File menu, the file which you were earlier viewing, would be closed and the new file will be opened.

Regards,
Apurvo

Hi guys!

This is the expected behavior for now where the Windows version of Axure RP only allows you to have one file open for each instance. If you wanted to work on two or more files simultaneously, you will want to open another instance of Axure RP. This behavior is different on the Mac version (as you guys have already noticed) where you can just have one instance of Axure RP to work on multiple files.

Thanks for the confirmation Jane :slight_smile:

unlisted #10