Unable to checkout after a system Crash

rp-7

Hello,

I was working with Axure and the system restarted (so i was unable to checkIn).
Now when i try to checkout it says that someone else already have checkedout.(No one is working on that i verified).
Perhaps there is some sort of lock that was enabled when i checkOut and wast not disabled when the system restarted.

Is there any quick solution to it ? (I do have recovered file- But i dont care as i can do it again)

Thank you
Shakeel Abbas

Just to add when i try to checkout it say that it is already being checkout by shakeel (its me). However i am not able to edit the file also the icon on file dont turns green.
How can i release this checkout lock ?

Hello,
Just for information. If this ever occurs. We can go with the option “Edit with out checkout” and after changes we can CheckIn. At that time it will show an option to “Steal checkout” so this way one can have that checkout.

Thanks
Shakeel

Thanks for the feedback on that issue.

We’re encountering the same problem with one of our Team-Library file. I’ts pretty annoying since the file is quite large (100+ pages) and 90% of them are marked as “checked-out” by one of my colleague, but he has not checked-out any of them, and he cannot checked them back in… Now we know that we can still steal the pages and push our changes :slight_smile:

Does anyone know why/how this bug appear? We have been using Axure for quite a while, but we only have been using a Team license for 2-3 months.

Hopefully Axure team will fix that bug shortly…

Hi C.Power,

Checkouts are actually per local copy instead of per user, so if your colleague has a local copy of the team project with those pages checked out, the pages will remain checked out until checked back in through that particular local copy. You can read more about this here:

https://www.axure.com/support/reference/troubleshooting-svn-team-projects-errors#page_seems_to_be_already_checked_out

Keeping only one local copy per user would help with keeping track of which copies the pages are checked out to, but stealing the checkout will help reset the state of the pages if a local copy happens to get lost or deleted.

If this issue does keep appearing in singular local copy after stealing the checkouts, can you send us an email at support@axure.com with some additional information about your team project setup and the build of Axure RP and OS version you’re running? We’ll be able to investigate what might be going on further through that channel. Thank you!

Thanks a lot for the feedback. It makes more sense now, I asked my coworker and he has worked on 2 different computer so that explains the “bug”.

unlisted #7