Unable to see widgets in the widget pane

If you look at the screenshot, you will notice in the area that I have highlighted in yellow that the Axure widgets are not being displayed and thus I am unable to drag them into my prototype’s workspace. I am running the latest version of Axure on a Windows 10 machine. Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi dhuie!

Thanks for the screenshot. As a first step, please try clearing the library cache. To do this, navigate to the following path on your computer (you can just copy & paste this into a File Explorer window):

C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Axure-8-0\cache3

Delete the contents of the cache3 folder and then try relaunching Axure RP. If the cache3 folder is empty to begin with and remains empty after restarting Axure RP, then it could be that something on your machine is clearing out the library cache automatically. Possible culprits are antivirus/malware, scanners, and the like, which would best be resolved by adding the above path to any relevant whitelists (you may want to reach out to your IT team to assist with this).

If clearing the cache doesn’t help, I’d like to see if the Default libraries are in their source folder and that you’re able to access them. To check, please browse to the following path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Axure\Axure RP 8\DefaultSettings\Libraries

The Default, Flow, and Icons library should appear in this folder. Please let me know if you see anything else, and please also confirm that your user account has the necessary permissions to access this folder.

If the three libraries are indeed in this folder and you’re able to access them, please open up Axure RP and click on the hamburger button in the Libraries pane to select “Load Library”:

Navigate to the path of where the Default libraries are stored (the above path) and try manually re-loading them. Does that help?

Lmk what you find!

unlisted #3