Uncheck a checkbox from repeater from another repeater

advanced-prototyping

Hi Axure Experts!

From reading previous posts, I learned that one of the tricks to reference one repeater item with another repeater item is by using Move(0,0). I tried it and it stumped me in this prototype.
deleteFromResultUncheckList.rp (77.5 KB)

To replicate, open select dropdown, select multiple checkboxes. Close menu. See results shown. Click “X” on an item, open menu again.

Expected, the selected menu item checkbox should be unchecked.

I applied “Mark rows” and “” Move (0.0) to the result repeater
And “OnMove” logic to the checkbox.

Can you please point me to the right direction?

Thanks!
Jenny

Hi Jenny,

Order of events is important here - the first action on clicking of the x deletes the row, so when you go to evaluate which rows to mark, the value is missing to. Put your onclick events for the “X” in the following order and I think everything will work:

1. Mark rows
  2. Delete rows
  3. Move

You are absolutely right! I reordered per your suggestion and it is working now. Thank you so much for everything!

Hi! I need similar help. I’m working on a design that adds items to a list when checked, and should be removed from the list when unchecked. In addition, the user can select the ‘X’ on the list item which should delete the item from the list AND uncheck it from the options panel.

Using Jenny’s original .rp file, I was able to get close. I have it working the first time you check the boxes. However, if you select them a second time without refreshing, then you select any of the ‘X’ on the right, ALL of the options are deleted and unchecked. Please tell me how I can get this fully functional because I need this design for a usability test.

Dual List Alternative_Fixed!.rp (73.5 KB)

Thanks!

Hi There!

I made two changes:

1. on “unselect” of the checkbox in the choices repeater, the rows are deleted from the selectedChoices repeater. So I removed the delete from the onclick of the x in the selectedChoices. Things will still work with this event, but in general I try to avoid events that are unnecessary as in some cases it can slow things down.

2. I added a “Unmark Rows All” action as the first action in onclick of the x in the selectedChoices repeater. The marking of the row persists otherwise and that is why it breaks the 2nd time.

Dual List Alternative_Fixed!.rp (73.9 KB)

It’s working beautifully - Thank you SO much UXProtoTyper!

closed #7

unlisted #8