"Unresponsive script" from Firefox and IE, but not Safari

Hi,

I’m running into this on pageload and was wondering if I should dive into “Debug Script” or look at any specific nook and cranny in my RP file?

Thank you,
J

Hmmm. Is this happening on a specific page of a specific RP file? If so, by any chance is that page particularly widget heavy, or have anything like large repeaters or large tables loading on it? If you’re still running into this error across browsers and would like for us to take a look, feel free to post the affected RP file or email it to us at support@axure.com so that we can help take a look. Thanks!

Thanks Allyssa,
It’s a single page RP file with a 12x16 table made up of text widgets, instead of using the table widget. It has:

• a sixteen-row column where each text widget does $[[ math.random*10.splice(0,8).toLocaleString ]]00 (that’s not exactly it, just typing what I c am from memory on the road )

• a sixteen-row column where each text widget does [[ math.random.splice() ]] with a (36) somewhere to make it all alphas from numerics.

-a sixteen-row column where each text widget does [[ now.addDays.splice() ]]

-a sixteen-row column where each checkbox, onload shows itself one at a time, doing [[ LVAR1 +1]] onShow, to a text field which, onTextChange, displays how many table rows are visible. This prototype lets the user mark rows for deletion/hiding and showing a details modal.

Thanks for the followup! Hmm, so it sounds like there are a good number of widgets on the page, but they don’t seem to exceed the amount we usually recommend per page (500). From the sound of it, each of the widgets in several of your columns are firing Set Text actions on themselves either OnLoad or OnPageLoad, and it sounds like these are potentially causing the slowdown when the page loads. I did a quick test on our end but wasn’t able to trigger the same error that you’re getting from your prototype. Besides the Set Text actions, do any of them have a lot of conditional logic or more than one case, or does the page have additional widgets besides the custom table?

If you’re still running into issues and wouldn’t mind sending the file, feel free to either attach it here or email it to us at support@axure.com so that we can take a closer look!

unlisted #5