Use AxShare plugins to add basic Google Analytics tracking to your project

rp-7

Hey everyone,

Here’s a guide on how to use AxShare plugins to set up basic Google Analytics tracking for your AxShare project! If you’d like to track a specific event, check out Paul’s post here: Push a Google Analytics Event.

1. Upload your prototype to AxShare

2. Go to the main Google Analytics page, click “Access Google Analytics” in the top right corner, and log in

3. Click the “Admin” button on the top toolbar

4. Under “Property”, select “Create New Property” from the dropdown

5. Fill out the page, entering your website name, and putting in your AxShare URL for “Website URL”. Then, click “Get Tracking ID”

6. Copy the tracking ID given to you

7. Log in to share.axure.com and click your project name

8. Click “Plugins” and then “New Plugin”

9. Give your plugin a name, select “End of the Head” for location, paste your tracking code, and save

10. Add the plugin to the pages you want to track and save

Note that once you’ve set this all up, it can take up to 24 hours for the Google Analytics to begin working. You may see a status that the tracking code is not installed (like in the image below) even if you’ve added it, so make sure to check back in 24 hours to see if it’s working.

After 24 hours, your Google Analytics should be working and capturing data!

Google Analytics

Hi Julie,

will that work also for an Axshare inside a Corporate Intranet? with Axure Enterprise? We have a web server in which we publish using Axshare all our projects. Can we add google analytics there?

Thanks,
Iris–

Hi Iris,

We also received your email and our help desk sent some information in a reply. To communicate that here, too: Plugins currently are not supported in Axure Share Enterprise. It’s been a popular request, though, and we’re going to continue looking into providing this offering for a future version. Thank you!

Hello,

How can Google Analytics be incorporated on a prototype that we host internally on IIS?

Thanks,
Wes

Hi Wes,

I’m afraid there isn’t currently a way to add external code like Google Analytics to your RP prototype without using the Plugins feature on AxShare, but I’ll be happy to submit this as a feature request to our product management team so we can consider it for a future release.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. For now we’re going to test adding it to the prototypePost.js file and see if that works.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if this was still working. I have a prototype that I need to start tracking traffic with GA and was wonering about this feature. I was also wondering if we could differenciate from traffic from those users that use the prototype locally in their computers, from those that view it online (from the url)… Is this possible?

I’m fairly new to implementing analytics in general. What does this give you, are all widget interactions on the page tracked?

Thanks!

Hi forge13,

I believe Google Analytics allow you to gather visitor data (e.g. active users on the page, number of page views, what links were clicked, etc.), which you can read more about setting up here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008015?hl=en

unlisted #10

closed #11