Here’s a guide on how to use AxShare plugins to set up basic Google Analytics tracking for your AxShare project! If you’d like to track a specific event, check out Paul’s post here: Push a Google Analytics Event.
1. Upload your prototype to AxShare
2. Go to the main Google Analytics page, click “Access Google Analytics” in the top right corner, and log in
3. Click the "Admin" button on the top toolbar
4. Under “Property”, select “Create New Property” from the dropdown
5. Fill out the page, entering your website name, and putting in your AxShare URL for “Website URL”. Then, click “Get Tracking ID”
6. Copy the tracking ID given to you
7. Log in to share.axure.com and click your project name
8. Click "Plugins" and then "New Plugin"
9. Give your plugin a name, select “End of the Head” for location, paste your tracking code, and save
10. Add the plugin to the pages you want to track and save
Note that once you’ve set this all up, it can take up to 24 hours for the Google Analytics to begin working. You may see a status that the tracking code is not installed (like in the image below) even if you’ve added it, so make sure to check back in 24 hours to see if it’s working.
After 24 hours, your Google Analytics should be working and capturing data!