Version 8.1.0.3372 crashes whenever replacing texts without using the backspace or delete button to clean the content first

Seems Version 8.1.0.3372 has a problem with replacing text contents. If I try to replace some texts, either the names of my pages, elements, etc. or the content of text areas, headings, etc. I use in my prototypes, I have to use the backspace or delete button to clean the content I don’t want first and then input the substitute. If I directly input right after the to-be-replaced texts are selected, Axure breaks down immediately and helplessly. I have been agonizing over this problem for a long time. Hope it could be fixed soon.

Hi there,

Would you happen to be using a different Windows IME (e.g. Chinese PinYin) as you edit text? We’ve logged a few instances that point to a bug within the Windows framework and the Windows IME component. And we’re continuing to track the issue and evaluate ways to address it. Avoiding that IME may be a last resort.

If you have further observations or are experiencing something different, though, please do record a short video of the crash and the steps leading up to it. Also note whether you’re able to reproduce the crash as you create a fresh new file (“File > New”). If the crash is specific to an existing RP file, please do send over a copy.

TY!

Hi Alex,

It seems my problem resembles what you mentioned above but not exactly the same. I do use the Windows WuBi IME for for inputting Chinese. However, the crashes also occur when I replace the contents of text area with English, only the odds being smaller. Besides, this bug does not always show up. According to my observation, it happens more frequently after I have run Axure for about 1 hour or longer. I don’t know if this is true or helpful. I will keep watching and update you.

Thanks.

unlisted #4