Widgets libraries doesn't load

Hi everyone and Axure team, since today I’ve got that issue :

The widget librarires can’t load most of the widgets…???

And even if I drag and drop a widget like Label or Heading it doesn’t do anything.

I’ve got a PC, Laptop : ASUS RoG G46V
Intel core i5 2.6GHz
8G ram DDR3
750G HDD
NVIDIA 660M 2G up to date

Windows 10 up to date

And I’ve got Axure RP 8 (8.0.0.3303)

I put a screenshot of my libraries.

Thank You all

Hi GM1986. Welcome to the forums!

As a first troubleshooting step, please restart your computer if you haven’t already done so. I know this may sound trite, but we’ve seen that issues like this are sometimes resolved with a simple power cycle.

If that doesn’t do the trick, let’s try clearing Axure RP’s cached versions of the libraries. To do this, close Axure RP, navigate to C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Axure-8-0\cache3 in a Windows Explorer window, and delete the contents of the folder. (if you can’t see “AppData”, you’ll need to show hidden files and folders via the control panel.) Then, launch Axure RP.

Let me know how this goes!

Hi @Anthony_Axure
I have to delete the folder content every week, to make the libraries visible. Do you know any permanent solution for this?

Hi Akshay!

Hmm, it sounds like clearing the widget library cache does fix the library issue, but only for about a week. What build of Axure RP 8 are you currently running? Also do you happen to notice whether any specific actions precede the library issue when it occurs? For example, is there anything like a file scanner or cleaning tool that runs on your machine about once a week that coincides with the library issues? Or is there a specific event, like waking the computer up from sleep while Axure RP is open, that seems to happen right before you notice the library problem?

Hi Alyssa, I am using Axure RP 8 Team Edition. Basically I usually face this issue twice in a month. The Default libraries stop visible in the libraries box and then I have to delete the data of “cache3” folder to make it visible. I am not sure but it usually happens when I download and add any external library.

Hmmm, interesting! When you download and load new libraries, where are they stored? For example, are you loading them from the Download folder, or are you placing them in “C:\Users%USERNAME%\Documents\Axure\Libraries”? Are any of the locations where you’re placing the newly downloaded libraries monitored by any sort of file scanning tools or file syncing services? Similarly, are any such tools monitoring the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Axure\Axure RP 8\DefaultSettings\Libraries” file path (which is where the default libraries are located)?

Initially, I loaded the libraries from Download folder but now I have moved it to …/Axure/libraries and loaded them from this folder. But the problem is still there. I have also checked my Temp folder (C > Users > MyName > AppData > Local > Temp) which is also empty.

Hi Akshay,

Thanks for those details! I tested downloading & adding a few custom widget libraries to Axure RP, but was unsuccessful at reproducing the issue. However, I’ve added your findings to the report we have on file so that our QA/dev team can better track what may be triggering the disappearing icons. If you notice any other steps that are taken prior to when this issue occurs, please let us know. Thank you!

Hi Jane,
Thanks for reviewing this. I have recently uninstall and reinstall the App in my desktop but the issue is still same. Attaching the snapshots of my Axure interface below

Also here is my system specs- Windows 10 OS, 16 GB RAM. May be this will help to rectified this issue.

Hi Akshay,

Thanks for the screenshots. To remedy the issue, please first try clearing the library cache. To do this, navigate to the following folder (you can just copy & paste this into a File Explorer window):

C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Axure-8-0\cache3

Delete the contents of the “cache3” folder and then try relaunching Axure RP.

If deleting the cache doesn’t help, please click on the hamburger menu in the Libraries pane to select “Load Library”. Then, navigate to this path where the three Default libraries are stored:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Axure\Axure RP 8\DefaultSettings\Libraries

Double-click on each library (Default, Flow, Icons) to manually re-load each one.

One of these options should help to get your libraries back in working order, but please lmk if you’re still having trouble. :slight_smile:

Hello Jane, Its working fine now, thanks for the help.

And the problem which I observed was whenever I load any library other than Default Libraries it will affect the existing default libraries. So I have to load the default libraries again after loading any additional libraries.

unlisted #12