Yes / No buttons not activating with "pre-selected"

I’m using several yes / no buttons throughout my prototypes, positioned sequentially one after the other. However several of the buttons need to have a default selection to “No” or “Yes” which they are set too. However, when running the prototype, only the last “No” button is showing a selected state and when I toggle between yes and no on other sections on the page, it changes the selections for other yes/no areas? Please advise on the correct setup of this so to avoid this happening.

Could you please post your .rp file here? Either drag it into the reply area, or click on this icon:

It is very difficult to guess the problem without seeing exactly how you’ve set this up. My best guess is that you have defined a Selection Group for your buttons, which would mean only one can be selected at a time. If you set multiple widgets in a Selection Group to default state of Selected then only the last one loaded would end up being selected. Look for this in the bottom of the INTERACTIONS pane (in RP select your button widgets and ensure the “Selection Group” field is blank. You might need to click the “Show All” icon to expose this option. This is the same place you would set the default selection state of a widget)

Hi mbc66. Thanks for the reply. I’ve attached an example of this. I tried having the Selection Group set yo blank, however now when selecting either yes of no, they both stay in the selected state. If you could shed some light on this fix it would be appreciated.

yesno.rp (51.1 KB)

Ah, now I see what you’ve got here… You have three different groups of widgets: Option 1, Option 2, and Option 3, so you’d need to create three different Selection Groups because they are independent from each other. In other words, if you click Yes in Option 1 it needs to deselect No in Option 1 but have no effect on any of the other Options or their buttons, so the Yes and No under Option 1 need their own distinct Selection Group. Likewise, the Yes and No buttons under Option 2 need a different Selection Group.

See this updated file where the main thing I did was select the Yes and No buttons in each group (not the group itself) and create a Selection Group with a unique name–I just chose “1”, “2”, and “3”.

yesno.rp (49.5 KB)

Thanks mbc66, much appreciated. I’ve downloaded your file and will have a look ASAP.