AX9 beta crashes

I understand the beta will have issues. However I am unable to do anything at all. Following are the scenarios as I remember

1. From splash page - tried to load New features file - Crash all the times I tried
  2. Closed the splash screen - Ok, I saw the interface. Dragged a rectangle from default library - Crash
  3. Closed splash screen and just wanted to see if all ny lib’s are loaded, clicked on the library dropdown - Crash
  4. Forget everything - just went to resize the panels - Crash

I just hope a more stable update is available shortly. Waiting so long for this - and it turned out to be anticlimactic!

Hi kharve,

I’m sorry to hear that. Could you first let us know the version of Mac or Windows you’re running?

I’d also like to get the following:

Axure logs for Mac:

/Documents/Axure User Data/Axure-9-0/logs

Axure logs for Windows (you can just copy & paste this into a File Explorer window):

C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Axure-9-0\logs

Please zip up the entire contents of the “logs” folder, and send that over to support@axure.com.

System crash logs for Mac:

1. Open the Console (spotlight search > “Console”).
  2. Select “User Reports” on the left-hand side, and then look for any “Axure”-related crash logs.
  3. Once you find those, right-click and select “Reveal in Finder”.

System crash logs for Windows:

1. Open the Start menu and search for “Event Viewer”.
  2. Open the Event Viewer application, and then navigate to “Event Viewer (Local) > Windows Logs > Application” in the left-hand sidebar.
  3. Once you’re there, select “Action > Find” and search for “AxureRP.exe”. Look for any “Error” level entries and any “.NET Runtime” errors that occurred immediately before or after the Axure RP error. [CTRL]-click these entries to group select them.
  4. Go to “Action > Save Selected Events” to export the events to an .evtx file. On the “Display Information” dialog that pops up, select “Display information for these languages”, and select “English (United States)”.

Please send over the .crash or .evtx files to support@axure.com as well. The logs should give us a better idea of what’s causing the crashes on your machine. Ty!

Thanks Jane… Sent the log files to support.

Though Ax9 beta is a bit more stable now compared to when I first fired it, it’s still very very buggy for me. I write this after experiencing innumerable crashes. Looks like others are doing better and able to make progress :confused:. I will need to continue waiting for a more stable version to come out and for me to check it out. :unamused:

unlisted #5