Ax9 Render Issues in Publish Panel and Crashes when editing Fontface

Hey all - I’m seeing a weird rendering issue when using my 4K monitor within the publish panel.

On initial tab, everything looks fine. When I click on the notes tab I see this (but this clears up if I scroll within the tab):

When I click on the fonts tab, same behavior occurs (but clears when scrolling):

However on the fonts tab, if I try to edit the fonts that are fontfaces, I get this error for a few seconds and Axure 9 crashes regardless of whether I scroll first:

Hi!

To confirm, does the odd text rendering only happen on the 4k monitor and not on other displays? Also to verify, does the crashing/error only occur if you try to edit the @font-face definition while working in the dialog on the 4k monitor when the text rendering issue is occurring, or can you reproduce this on all monitors? If the latter, do you see the error specifically when editing or pasting a long block of text into the @font-face dialog? We’ve seen a couple of reports of long @font-face entries causing errors on Windows, so this would help to confirm that you’re experiencing the same problem as in the bug we have filed. Thank you!

To confirm, does the odd text rendering only happen on the 4k monitor and not on other displays?

Yes this only happens on the 4K monitor. If I move Axure to the other monitors and reopen, the text renders correctly.

Also to verify, does the crashing/error only occur if you try to edit the @font-face definition while working in the dialog on the 4k monitor when the text rendering issue is occurring, or can you reproduce this on all monitors?

This happens on all monitors.

If the latter, do you see the error specifically when editing or pasting a long block of text into the @font-face dialog?

Yes. It occurs if I try to edit an existing font-face (must be considered ‘long’) OR paste in the same font-face into a new font-face entry.

Thanks for following up! We’ve been able to reproduce the text rendering issue on our end and have it filed with QA for further investigation. Regarding the @font-face error, do you happen to have a sample of the @font-face that you’re able to share, either pasted here or in a sample .rp file? I’ve tested with a few samples of @font-face on our end on both Windows and Mac but so far haven’t been able to trigger the error that you’re receiving.

Sure. See attached file. fontface.rp (182.0 KB)

1 Like

Great, thank you! It looks like the problem that allows the error to be triggered is a bit machine specific–I can’t trigger it on my machine, but a few colleagues were able to on theirs. We’ve gone ahead and filed a bug report for the editing/pasting @font-face issue to look into a fix. Thanks for your help tracking this down!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.