Axshare password not working on IE11

I am building a prototype which I’m sharing with co-workers using Axshare. This prototype is password protected using the standard functionality.

On my mac and other computers, the password works fine; I can go to the URL, type in the password, and view the prototype. On my corporate pc, however, me or my co-workers cannot open the prototype.

The password page loads and I can fill in the password, but the ‘view project’ button doesn’t do anything. However, when I disable the password in Axshare, the prototype loads just fine, so it isn’t a browser issue in the prototype.

The corporate pc’s run windows 7 with IE11 (yeah…) - Is this a known problem and is there a workaround?

Hi rogierbr,

Thanks for reporting this. Generally speaking, the prototype login failure is often caused by a security mechanism in the user/network environment. Common culprits are proxies, firewalls, antivirus, and potentially even browser extensions. Do you know if your IT team might’ve implemented that kind of security?

1. One way to troubleshoot is to check out the information and any errors that are logged in your browser’s DevTool console when you try clicking “View Project”. In IE11, you can right-click the web page and select “Inspect Element” and then select the “Console” tab.

2. Do you have any aggressive browser extensions or add-ons enabled (e.g. AdBlock Plus or NoScript)? If so, please try temporarily disabling your extensions to see if that lets you through.

3. Are you able to verify that the error only happens when connected to your office network? For example, if you were to log in to your office network on you mobile device (or your personal Mac that works), does the View Project button still fail? This may help clue you in as to where the problem is surfacing.

I hope that these steps can help and that they might provide further insight for your IT team as well–they may be in a good position to diagnose network issues specific to your environment.

closed #3

unlisted #4

archived #5