Axure 8 + High Sierra

When i open Axure.app once - it working just fine. However when i click on Axure.app again, it opening a new instance and hangs up.

I am expecting on clicking Axure.app should open previous instance of Axure not opening a new one, just like it worked before.

This is serious usability issue on mac now. Clicking with pointer on icon now to open Axure, instead of just typing it in spotlight/alfred.

Similar problem for me… when I click a .rp file for the first time, everything is OK. But when I try to open a second document by clicking it, I see a new instance of Axure bouncing in the dock, trying to open, and the bounce keeps on. I can’t force quit Axure, all I can do is hard restart (pushing start button for +5sec).

This is happening since High Sierra upgrade.

Actually, if I choose to open the files from inside Axure (file > open), there is no problem, I can work on several files.

Hi heihachi88 and vicenteocana,

Thanks for reporting this. It sounds like you’re running into a bug where opening RP files in a specific way would add multiple instances of Axure RP to the dock on the MacOS 10.13 High Sierra update. We’re aware of this issue and our QA and dev teams are currently working toward a fix. In the meantime, a potential workaround would be to use either the [CMD] + [O] hotkey or the “File > Open” menu option (as vicenteocana mentioned) to open files.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns about this. Thank you!

Could you give us ETA? It’s so annoying.

Axure Support ROCKS, guys :slight_smile: Thx

Hi heihachi88,

Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time–we’re hoping to have a fix out for this issue by the end of next week at the latest.

In the meantime, please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

It would be in a version 8.1+?

Hi heihachi88,

That’s correct–the fix will be implemented in a new 8.1 build, which will most likely be a release candidate build. We’ll be sure to follow up here once the fix becomes available.

Hi heihachi88 and vicenteocana,

We’ve just released a new release candidate build (8.1.0.3359) on our RC page, which includes the fix for this file-opening issue on High Sierra. You’ll be able to download that build here:

Axure | Release Candidate

Hopefully this helps! Please let us know if you have any questions or if you’re still running into this issue with the RC.

Could you throw a patch? I just want to apply it to my version 8.0.0.3297

Hi heihachi88,

I’m afraid to say that we don’t offer any patches for individual issues. The fix for this multiple icon issue is only available in the latest release candidate build 8.1.0.3359 (and will be available for subsequent releases), so you’ll need to update to that build to apply the fix. We’ve also implemented a handful of other fixes in this build, which you can see a complete list of here:

In general, we do recommend keeping Axure RP up-to-date to help avoid any potential issues that may have been fixed in the later updates.

Just a quick update: 3359 had some issues with team projects, so the RC has been reverted to 3358 until next week. We’ll post again when we have a new update available. Thanks for your patience!

Hi all,

Another update: the RC is now back up as build 3362 with fixes for both the team project issue we were seeing in 3359, as well as the multiple icons issue on High Sierra. You can download this update at the RC page here.

I am having the same issue. High Sierra, Axure 8

Hi artdog,

The multiple icons issue should be fixed in latest release candidate build (8.1.0.3365). If you haven’t already, you can download this RC build here:

Axure | Release Candidate

Please let us know if you have any questions or if you still happen to be running into this issue on the RC.

split this topic #18

4 posts were split to a new topic: Sometimes clicks do not register in Axure RP 8 editor on High Sierra

closed #19

unlisted #20