Axure font spacing issue creates extra lines in browser

[ATTACH]13681[/ATTACH]

Hi I have a concern when using font sizes. I have noticed that the paragraph in Axure does not reflect exactly the paragraph in the browser… (Please see attached screenshot) Now understandably Axure RP is essentially for mockups…however due to varying paragraph sizing…there runs the risk that a words can then wrap on a new line withing a browser and therefor could disrupt the spacing over other content below the paragraph…

What I mean by this lets say the last line of text in Axure wraps to an additional line in a browser…this would then result in less spacing below and if I had an image placed 20px below the paragraph in Axure then in the browser this 20px spacing would be reduced (due to the extra line of text in the browser).

Any solution?

Regards,
Chris

Hi all,

Here’s a brief update for anyone following this thread: Chris got in touch with us directly about this issue, and we found that the differences in the text between RP and the browser would variably cause line breaks at different points. Admittedly, this can cause problems especially when you want to align certain text widgets with other elements on the prototype page. In that particular situation, converting the text widget to an image on the canvas can help (right-click the shape and select “Convert to Image”). Nevertheless, we went ahead and logged a request with our PM team so as to evaluate the ability to kern text and have greater control over text rendering.

Thanks!

Has there been any additional updates?

I have a paragraphs of text with multiple hyperlinks needed. Using hotspots to capture the different clicks is extremely difficult when the text renders in a different location.

Not for version 8, but character spacing is in the works for version 9, which should help to provide more control over text rendering in the browser. You can check out the teaser on our blog page:

https://www.axure.com/blog/new-in-9/

Thank you for the update Alyssa

unlisted #6