Axure RP 8 Hotkeys Cheat Sheet

Hi everyone! Here are the Axure RP 8 keyboard shortcuts! A downloadable PDF is here:AxureRP8Hotkeys.pdf (507 KB)

Hi,
It seems you removed my most used and needed shortcut on Mac:
“Edit location and size”.

Please enable it again and best use a less painful one than cmd+ctrl+4.
And it would be bliss if you put the input fields back on the toolbar on top.

As I said, this is my most used function and my biggest time safer!
Losing it is actually more than just unfortunate.

Best
Lennart

Hi Lennart,

You can turn on the style bar on Mac by going to “View > Toolbars > Style Toolbar.” After you do that, CTRL+L and CMD+L will both work to move you up to location and size the style toolbar when you have a widget selected.

Best,
Rachel

Thanks a lot!
(I would hug you, if you were close enough by.)

On selected text, does anyone have any hints on how to make keyboard shortcuts to quickly apply the context menus:
Transformations > Make Upper Case
Transformations > Make Lower Case and
Transformations > Capitalize
?
I’ve tried adding them in the regular App Shortcuts > Axure RP 8.app, but they have no effect. This method works fine in Microsoft and Adobe apps.
I also have tried making a global applescript service that works for me in the Finder and in most Apple apps, again except for Axure RP.

Is there a specific syntax I need to use to access context menus?
Thx!

Damon Hamm

Hello, please add a Duplicate shortcuts inside the Pages pane, in order to duplicate pages or branch. It could be very useful to create new widget library also. Thanks
Sebastien

When are you planning to update the keyboard shortcuts ?

Hi asafbo,

Was there a particular hotkey you were hoping to have added to the list? The PDF attached in the first post is the latest list, and we’re happy to evaluate requests on new hotkeys for different functionalities. LMK!

Hey

Yes, I would like to see keyboard shortcuts for viewing mode (running the prototype) for things such as

• display\Hide footnotes
  • close\open left side panel
  • Etc…

Hi asafbo,

You bet–I’ll go ahead and log your request for the keyboard shortcuts. As for opening/closing the left panel, it sounds like you’d like to close the output Sitemap of the web browser–is that correct? If so, I’ll get that added to this ticket as stated, too.

(If you were looking to toggle the left- and right panes in the UI, I believe the hotkeys for “Visibility of Left Side Panes” and “Visibility of Left Side Panes” may apply.)

Thank you!

Hey there,

Is there a way to Hide/Show Guides without it being temporary?

Natalie

Hi Natalie!

These shortcuts should do the trick for you:

Hello,

Anyone knows of a way I could assign a shortcut to the Hidden checkbox? IE When selecting an hidden object, to toggle visibility?
I looked for a menu item to create a keyboard in the app (on Mac) but it’s not in the menu!

Thanks!

Hi elainebosse_ux!

There isn’t currently a way to customize hotkeys for Axure RP 8 (e.g. assign a hotkey for the Hidden checkbox), but I’ll be happy to file this as a feature request with our product management team on your behalf.

Why would there not be a keyboard command (or at least a menu items to I can assign my own) for opening the case editor? Or even commands for actions within the ‘Interactions’ properties pane?

I feel like I am double clicking endlessly in Axure, so frustrating.

Also why have you uploaded the shortcuts as a bitmap image? It makes it impossible to search for terms, you’re forced to download the files and then just manually look. Tighten’ 'er up goise.

Please add a product request to:

• Add keyboard command to open case editor for selected item
  • Add keyboard command to add link e.g. like the standard in most apps command + K
  • Add a bunch of commonly used interaction case types in the menu system (Open Link, Set Text, Move, etc) so that users can assign their own keyboard shortcuts to them

Will be disappointed not to see this aspect of Axure not optimised in version 9.

unlisted #16

closed #17

unpinned #18