Axure RP Bug - Variables & Logic Missing From Library

technical-troubleshooting

Hi there

The following bug took me AGES to track down. I thought my other events weren’t firing properly or something was amiss with my global variables.

I created a widget in a library with a button that DOES STUFF. Most things are copied across when adding the widget to a page but SOME LOGIC JUST GETS MISSED. I mean… Seriously?

This is the logic in the source library (notice where the ‘Enabled’ column is getting set:

And this is when the library is imported into a page:

Notice that RP has stripped out the target / purpose of the action?

Also, I’d like to take the opportunity to share that ONLY HALF the global variables from the library were added to the global variables of page when adding the widget. It’s frustrating to say the least, when the program is inconsistent - in this case it’s easy to fix by adding the missing variables, but I shouldn’t have to and it just gets more frustrating when you realize you’re going to have to do this every single time you add the widget to a page. It should be all or nothing. Don’t tease me and set false expectations that my variables from my libraries will be imported when you can’t guarantee that it’ll actually work consistently, please. :cry:

Thanks