Axure Share: Local Directory Access Issue

Hi!
I’m sure this is User error but after looking through the forums I didn’t see a topic which answered my question.

I created a team project on Axure share where I’m collaborating with one other person on a project. When accessing the project from the opening panel when starting Axure, I can click on the displayed file (shown in Image 1, green arrow pointing) and it opens appropriately.

And by opening it in this way, I can see all of my Files that I imported from a similar project ( a newly created project related to the same problem below).

However, when I go through the “Get and Open Team Project”, while the “Get Team Project” panel opens and I open the file with its 6 digit identifying code through Axure share, I’m then asked to find the project on my local directory (see image 2).

When I created this project, I didn’t change anything from the local directory setting that was automatically set by the Axure software and as such, I’m puzzled why it’s telling me it contains another team project. The only team project in that folder is what Axure created.

This is probably user error, but it’s driving me nuts.

Could anyone help me with this please?

You only use this option when first getting a shared project that someone else setup. So it’s the equivilent to Create New.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Here are my steps:
Click “Team” > Click “Create Team Project From Current File” > Create Team Project Pop Up Panel Opens > I ensure Axure Share is selected > I select my Axure Share Folder > I create a project name (In this instance, ReDo HiFi) > Axure sets the local Directory> The files Opens and I import all of my previous files. I confirm my files are in the new Axure document and then close it.

I then reopen it and following the steps above, “Selecting get and open team project” encounter the local directory error.

Specifically, what am I doing wrong? Thanks so much for any and all assistance.

Ah ok I think I understand your issue.

The Get and Open Team Project is only used if you’re trying to get someone else’s shared project. So in essence what you’re doing is creating a new project by getting someone else’s project that they already created.

If you want to open a shared project that you’ve already created you can do this a couple of ways:

1. File Open and find the shared project’s local copy that you saved when creating the project.
  2. File Open Recent > select the project from the most recently opened projects.

A few things to keep in mind when working with Shared Projects:

1. You need to check in/check changes for them become available to the rest of the team.
  2. To get those changes go to Team > Get All Changes from Team Directory.
  3. You only use Get and Open Team Project when creating a new project. That’s why you’re getting that error. You already have that project stored locally.

Hope this makes sense.

That was super helpful and totally worked. I assumed it was something uber simple and I was just being dense.

Thanks a bunch KavaKiwi!!! :slight_smile:

closed #6

unlisted #7

archived #8