Azure 8 unacceptably slow!

Hi,

I am currently working on a very complex dashboard for a very high profile client and our prototypes are unacceptably slow. Virtually every action takes 15 seconds - I am sick of the sight of the spinning wheel!

Whether I am opening a page or trying to view a state in a dynamic panel I have to wait at least 15 seconds. Our productivity is shockingly bad due to these delays which are amounting to multiple hours lost and a huge amount of stress and aggravation. By the time I have accessed the element I wish to edit, I have forgotten what is was we were trying to achieve…

I will have to recommend that we change our prototyping tools in the future as this is insanity! The point of Axure is that it is supposed to be fast to prototype but that statement could not be further from the truth at present!

The last update made no difference to the issue.

I cannot send you the files as they are confidential.

Please, please, please fix this asap!

Regards,

A very unhappy user :frowning:

Hi Morley,

I’m very sorry to hear about the slow performance. We do have some optimizations coming down the pipeline that should speed things up when working with Axure RP 8. One of those optimizations include some lag we fixed behind the autosave feature.

We included the autosave optimization in the new release candidate, which you can grab here:

Release Candidate | Axure

Since this is a release candidate, please keep in mind that it is not as stable as the official, public release. That being said, we’d recommend trying out the release candidate for testing purposes to see if offers improvement, but keeping and using the official, public build (with autosave turned off) for any important or cliental work. If you’re on a Mac, you can do this by installing the release candidate, selecting “Keep Both” when dragging it into the Applications folder, and then renaming the release candidate to something like “Axure RP RC” so you can differentiate between the release candidate and the public build (which is currently 8.0.0.3312, available at <www.axure.com/update>).

Our QA team was also wondering if you’d be willing to do a screen share with us. We completely understand that you’re unable to share the RP file, but doing a screen share will help our team to see and hopefully identify if there are other possible culprits for the slow performance. If that’s something you’d be interested in, please email <support@axure.com> with what date and time works best for you and we’ll be happy to set something up. Thank you so much!

closed #3

unlisted #4

archived #5