Bulleted lists still don't indent?

rp-7

I see several topics dating back to version 6 where users are asking about bullet indentation but with only silence in response… so I’m reposting!

Is there still not a way to indent the text contained in a bulleted list? To clarify, I’m talking about any lines that spill over the line break but are still part of the same bullet.

You know, like this:

[ul]
[li]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat[/li][/ul]

As far as I can tell, Axure will not indent anything past the first line of the list entry.

Yeah, this just seems to be the way they work in Axure for some reason. No way around it as far as I can tell - it would be great if they could use <ul> for these. Maybe in the next version!

Hi,
You can do alternate way using padding left .Refer attached screen shot.

Unfortunately, left padding still doesn’t work, the wrapped text still goes underneath the bullet. Padding is just giving some spacing from the edge of the container.

You are correct–this is still the case. I’m afraid that this one is actually rather difficult, and we haven’t yet found a good implementation.

There are some workarounds for this, but they are both pretty far from ideal still. One option would be to create a separate text box with only the bullet points, spaced out as necessary. The other would be to create a two-column table, with the left-hand column including the bullet points and the right-hand one including your text.

The product management team has seen this post, so thank you for your input! We’ll continue to look into ways we might be able to handle this better.

I guess I haven’t been getting notifications about this thread!

Had I seen you guys chiming in I would have said thanks.

The workarounds are always an option, but it’s just too clunky especially when updating the text with any frequency.

Hi everyone,

I’ve got a workaround to this using CSS which is easy and works well.

[ol]
[li]Don’t use the Axure bullet list feature
[/li][li]For any paragraph you want displayed as a bullet item, just colour it blue (or some other colour you’re not using elsewhere)
[/li][li]You’ll need to have a custom CSS file connected to your prototype (plenty of posts about this in the forum)
[/li][li]Add the below CSS to your CSS file, this will style any blue text as a bullet item and change its colour back to black.
[/li][/ol]

span[style*="#0000FF"]{
	display: block;
	margin-left: 2em;
	color: black!important;
}
span[style*="#0000FF"]:before{
	content: "•";
	display: block;
	position: absolute;
	margin-left: -1em; 
}

Hope that helps!

Stu.

It’s an issue. Please fix it

Nine years later…still not fixed…and still needed…would love to be able to document my Axure designs using Axure, but that requires

• better text editing (apply multiple styles within text [not on a per-widget basis]), and
  • proper list handling (ul and ol).