Can I get a video to autoplay inside the axure cloud app?

axure-share-mobile-app

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a self-hosted video file to autoplay using the axure share app??

I’m simulating a Netflix style mobile phone app where the user clicks a play button on one page then the video opens on another page and the video automatically starts playing.

I’m not linking to youtube or vimeo. I’m using an inline frame and I’m linking to a webpage I built. The webpage includes a single video file, inside a video tag, set to autoplay. This works when I preview my design inside the browser but won’t work through the axure cloud app.

Any advice? Thank you ahead of time.

I created a little test for this, and it appears to me the lack of autoplay comes down to the browser.

https://b3d4fx.axshare.com

Video-Autoplay.rp (58.5 KB)

I’m running a computer with Win10, default browser is Google Chrome.
When I preview this from Axure editor, it works and video autoplays.
When I publish HTML locally, the video loads but does not autoplay.
When I publish to Axure Cloud, the video loads but does not autoplay.
When I play from the Axure Cloud desktop app (which is actually a Preview of the pages) it works and the video autoplays.

I tested the prototype on Axure Cloud site on my desktop with latest Firefox browser, and it worked.
I tested the prototype on Axure Cloud site on my desktop with latest Edge browser, and it worked.

I tested the prototype in the Axure mobile app on iOS 13 and it didn’t work, the video loads but does not autoplay. This is due to Apple policy that videos do not autoplay–the video player’s play button must be pressed.
I tested the prototype on Axure Cloud site in Safari and in Chrome browsers on iOS 13 and it didn’t work.

There is a chance this could work using javascript injection into dynamic panel or other widget directly on the page–that might bypass browser policies for videos in popup/inline or untrusted domains? I’ll try this if I can find more time.

You may be able to set auto play if the video used is a youtube video or something similar