Cannot see Mapped Network Drives

Hey All,

I’ve just installed RP9 and love the dark look, but was then overcome with sadness when I went to save a file, and noticed that Axure does not see any of my mapped network drives from my NAS.

Is this a known issue, are there some ports this app uses that I may need to unblock?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Tim

Hmm, are you on Windows or Mac, and are you seeing that the drives are missing when saving files, loading libraries, or elsewhere? Do they show up for you in Axure RP 8? In a quick test on our end I’m seeing that mounted drives appear in the file explorer/finder windows when saving and loading files as well as when loading libraries. If you’re still seeing issues, then please let us know more details about where you’re seeing the drives missing so that we can investigate.

As far as ports, Axure RP uses the standard 80 for HTTP and 443 for HTTPS.

Hopefully that helps!

I’m having the same problem in Windows 10. I can’t open/import an image or save anything to a mapped drive from within Axure RP 9. If I put in the full network address, then it works.

I’m having the same issue with a Synology NAS on my local network. This sucks, to put it mildly. Is there a fix?