Ctrl+backspace doesn't work when editing text

What it says on the tin: the standard shortcut of ctrl+backspace to delete a whole word doesn’t work for me.

Windows 10.0.17134
Last update of Axure 9
French/Azerty layout
No funky relevant software installed

Hi Baptiste_R!

Hmm, it sounds like some of the keyboard shortcuts for Axure RP 9 aren’t working as expected. To clarify, are you using a French language keyboard, with an AZERTY layout enabled? I wanted to let you know that the keyboard shortcuts are currently optimized for English-language keyboards. I’ve gone ahead filed a feature request with our respective teams regarding the optimization of these shortcuts non-English keyboards on your behalf. In the meantime, one workaround would be to use an English-language keyboard and QWERTY layout. This may allow these keyboard shortcuts to work more effectively in your Axure RP 9 application.

Hopefully this helps some!

. To clarify, are you using a French language keyboard, with an AZERTY layout enabled?

That’s correct.

I wanted to let you know that the keyboard shortcuts are currently optimized for English-language keyboards.

The thing is, if the ‘french’ shortcut doesn’t work, I should at least be able to use the english one. That is, if [ - ] is not remapped to the french version, the same physical key should work.

In Axure 8, the shortcut for decreasing font size was CTRL + SHIFT + [ < ]. For me it was an other key than [ < ] but it worked nonetheless.

Hi Baptiste_R!

I’ve done some additional testing, and it looks like the different placement of the shortcuts in this case may be due to the AZERTY keyboard layout. Using AZERTY keyboard layout mapped keys seems to allows most of the shortcuts to perform correctly. For example, using the [M] and [<] keys on my QWERTY keyboard while AZERTY layout was enabled allow me to use the [<] and [>] shortcuts respectively. I did notice that the AZERTY mapped key for [-] (which was [6] on my QWERTY keyboard) did not allow for the correct zooming behavior. I’ll be adding a note to this issue’s feature request regarding this discrepancy and the changes in these mappings between Axure RP 8 and Axure RP 9.

Axure RP 9 Beta Keyboard Shortcuts

Thank you for investigating this!